Chapter 25: Working hard

"Thank you again for having this wonderful reunion." Said Allura as she bowed slightly to the head of the Irnulian's.

"Please! We owe this and much more to the defenders of the universe! The ones who brought down Zarkon himself!" He shouted letting his people hear followed by their cheers and glasses raised high into the sky, their colorful clothes shining brightly under the moonlight.

Allura only responded by raising her glass with a slightly awkward smile knowing that that statement wasn't entirely true.

"We hope to unite with others and help each other out to bring down the rest of the Galrans who go against this new era of peace." Added Lotor as he walked into the scene with a glass of something sparkling blue in his hand.

Allura gave him a wordless' Thank you' and left him with the head of the clan and walked over to Shiro.

"How are you doing Princess?" He asked politely, knowing that representing Voltron would be a big task. She looked tired and if you looked close enough, you could see the bags under her eyes.

"Fine..." She said looking down at her cup, avoiding eye contact. Shiro could clearly see she wasn't exactly 'Fine'.

"I'm worried about her too." He said with a sad smile, trying to let Allura know that she wasn't alone and that he knew how she felt.

"I just wish we could have talked to her before she ran off." She sighed.

"I know, we all do, but right now we should trust in her decision and keep moving ahead. At least the blade gives us updates on her every once in a while" Shiro placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. Allura turned to look at him and smiled gratefully that he was by her side and laid her hand on his in response.

"That is true, I just hope she's doing well."

"So how did it happen???" One of the Irnulian's came up all of a sudden to the Black Paladin with her friends in hopes of hearing the great fight of Voltron Vs. Zarkon.

"Oh! Um, hello, nice to meet you all." Allura began. "Actually, the one who tells the story the best is that fellow over there." She pointed towards Lotor who was having a conversation with Pidge and Hunk. The girls' eyes sparkled and they dashed over to them in a second. Allura and Shiro tried to stifle their laughter and walked away slowly, not wanting to make eye contact with 'Prince Lotor'.

As they continued their walk, they noticed a certain red paladin standing alone, far away from the dancing and festivities like the emo boy he was.

"Why don't you join us?" Asked Allura.

Keith shrugged. "Parties aren't really my thing." He said honestly. "Plus they won't stop asking me to 'Tell the great tale of Voltron Vs. Zarkon!'." He tried to mimic one of the Irnulians.

"Yeah, we needed a bit of air too." Shiro said somewhat embarrassed.

"They're just enthusiastic since they don't have to worry about Zarkon anymore." Allura tried to sympathize with them.

"Yeah but we're not the one who defeated him." Keith added with his arms crossed at his chest.

"I know, but we can't tell them the truth, not yet, not until she comes back." Allura said with determination. She knew in her heart that you had every right to leave after what they did to you but it's been three months, and they missed you dearly.

"She'll come back, i'm sure of it." Keith started to walk back over to where the crowd was so he could get some snacks from the food table.

Keith tried to make the trip as quick as possible, hoping no one would ask for him to tell the story again.