Chapter 36: The war part 2

You all charged forward with much more strength than before.

"No holding back!" Your left hand held Keiths tightly as you swung your right hand at the Machines left arm hearing a slight crack once you made contact. Everyone was glad to hear that sound, knowing that it meant our strength had at least doubled.

You, on the other hand, felt the impact completely, and damn did it hurt. You didn't show it but you knew you had to be careful, if you over-exhort yourself you were bound to break something.

"How are you holding up?" Keith asked. You looked at him and nodded. "I'm doing pretty good all things considered." You said honestly.

"Alright then, Pidge get ready to hold up the shield for the next attack." Instructed Shiro.

"Right!" The machine held up his arms like before. 

"Missle attack! Move back Lance, Hunk!" They also felt the struggle of moving around but surprisingly, Voltron was also moving much faster than before.

We have a chance!

And as if Stolgan had heard you, the Machine opened its palms and shot beams toward Shiro.

"Sheild!" Pidge held up the shield just as before but this time she couldn't hold on. Both blasts were too intense and they split it into two, making Pidge get hit with some of the damage.

"Pidge! Are you okay???" You called out worried.

"I'm okay but damn does that thing pack a punch." She said slightly winded.

"We've got no way to protect ourselves!" Cried Hunk. He was right and now you had to find other options. You noticed the Machine had about a 5-second cooldown before it switch to another form of offense so you informed the others.

"So we gotta hit it in that window?" Questioned Keith seeing that it was a very short amount of time.

The machine started racing towards you all again with his next round of missiles at the ready. "Lance! Hunk!"

"On it!" They moved swiftly to the side and barely dodged that one. "Alright pidge your up!" She lifted her petite hand and from there erupted a large beam of light. The machine crossed its arm to block and it did manage to push it slightly back, hearing that small crack in its armor again.

"Get ready for the next hit!" Keith shouted, his grip on your hand never loosening. You could tell that all of this was already taking a toll on Lance and Hunk since they were breathing heavily from moving the team around. You didn't think twice and once the Machine lifted his arms you charged forward. "Pidge! Grab its hand and shoot the beam when he does!" 

She never hesitated and followed your plan, the others did the same. You were able to stab the center of its palm and Pidge grabbed his hand and did just as you instructed. The blast was countered with Pidge's but you could only hold back so much, you shouted feeling the burning sensation in your right hand.

"Y/n! Let go!" Shouted Shiro. You tried to pull back but it was impossible.

"I'm stuck!" You panicked as you yanked harder and harder. 

"Revert back to your lion!" Keith watched in horror as you struggled. 

"I can't! It won't let me like this!" The 5 seconds were up and the light emitting from the Machine's chest was starting to glow.

"We don't have time!"

"Pidge shoot another beam! Keith when I say now let me go!"

"What?!" 

"Just trust me! Now!" Pidge gave out another laser beam. You let go of Keith and pushed him away at the same time the impulse would move the rest of the body away from the blast.