Chapter 21: Trust

You knew what was coming up next, and you didn't want to be a part of this.

Now was the time, everyone was distracted by the new visitor so you quietly grabbed your already packed backpack and left your bedroom. You passed by the kitchen to get a snack for the road, you knew hunk always prepared some just in case.

As you went to the fridge, you noticed that the drawing you made 'when you were little' was still on it. You smiled sadly and brought your attention back to the task at hand.

Once that was done, you carefully and quietly made your way to the escape pods.

There was no turning back now. You opened the pod and hauled your bag behind the pilot seat. You made your way inside and turned on the pod, it beeped to life and the black screen turned translucent only to reveal Shiro standing in front with his arms crossed over his chest.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asked like a father finding out his daughter was running away, which was basically the same thing. "We're about to interrogate Lotor."

"Damn it, Shiro..." You muttered under your breath. You sigh in defeat and exited the pod.

"Why are you leaving in such a hurry?" He asked you, concerned if something was wrong.

"I just...thought that since I'm fully recovered and you guys got what you needed, now is the time to head back to the blade." You didn't sound very convincing.

"I thought you weren't going to leave yet, what's going on?" You groaned in frustration at the fact that you didn't know how to explain yourself. "Is it because of Lotor?" You looked at the ground in response.

"So it is about him. What's wrong? Are you...afraid of him? Because you know he's locked up and-"

"That's not it." You interrupted. You grabbed your left arm as you tried to find a way to let the words come out.

"Then what is it Y/n? I want to help you." He said sincerely with a step forward as his eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"It's nothing," You said without making any eye contact with him whatsoever. "Fine, I'll go watch the interrogation." You walked by him with your bag at hand and without saying another word and made your way to meet up with the others after you put back your bag.

It was time to face him.

~

"Alright, speak." Allura spat. She stood confidently in front of Lotor who was kneeling on the ground with his hands cuffed and on top of his lap.

"What are you planning?" Shiro added standing next to Allura while you and the others were in another room with a one-way mirror, letting you all see and hear what was going on.

"I simply think that the way my father is leading his people is wrong and I do not wish for such violence. I am only trying to bring peace." He said as formally as ever.

"And why should trust what you have to say?" Allura asked, not really believing him.

"I plan to turn the Galra race against my father and have them form an alliance, with all of you." Allura kept an angered expression on her face.

"And why would you want to work with us?" Shiro asked calmly even though he was surprised to hear about Lotor wanting to work together.

"When everyone hears that we are working as one, they will see that my intentions are true."

"I say we talk about this with the group," Shiro said to Allura while placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Alright. We will continue this conversation later." And with that, they both turned away and headed for the door.