Chapter 17: A leader, not a Paladin

The healing pod started to whoosh open and Matt was the first one to reach over and catch you.

"Huh? What's going on? Where am I?" You asked, completely disoriented.

"We're back at the castle. You were injured so we put you in the healing pod." Matt explained.

"Right..." You started to remember the recent events and tried your best to stand upright. "Matt, are the...others here too?" Matt raised his eyebrows in question but then understood what you meant.

"Yeah. We managed to get them all here."

"Okay, please, take me to them and-" You were cut off when Allura spoke up.

"Wait a minute!" You looked over at her and she looked like she was ready to blow a fuse, better yet she already did. "You can not come here and do as you please in my castle!" You looked at her confused and honestly offended.

"What?" You breathed.

"Need I remind you that you endangered all of the paladins with your improvised rescue mission and you have yet to explain what is going on and why you are older! You also controlled the White Lion with ease and knew it was here! You were able to work the castle controls when they only respond to an Altean! I need answers!" She demanded. You felt your blood boil and everyone could feel the deathly atmosphere around you two. You walked over to Allura only a few inches away from her face.

"First of all. The paladins joined my little 'improvised rescue mission' of their own free will, I never ordered anyone to follow me. Second of all, I don't know if you remember but we also managed to free other prisoners on those Galra ships. And third of all, I just saw my friends and lover killed right before my eyes, so if you don't mind Allura, I'd like to say goodbye to them before we bury them. I think the answers you're looking for can wait just a little longer." You spat, and with that said, you turned on your heels and walked out of the room along with Matt.

"You can't speak that way to the Prin-!" Coran shouted but Allura raised her hand, silencing him.

"Coran." She sighed in frustration. "Let her be."

You walked out with Matt by your side. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked you. You didn't answer and just continued walking down the hall until you both reached a room filled with futuristic looking coffins. Each one had a small glass window to be able to see the faces of those who were inside.

You slowly walked over to the first one and felt the anger from before wash away.

"Remember when Chris saved us from that Galran monster?" You said as you grazed your hand on top of his coffin.

"Yeah, and then we celebrated by eating at that space mall." Matt said also reminiscing.

"And then we were chased by security because Mari thought she could beat that alien at an eating contest." You chuckled lightly. You kept walking around but then stopped abruptly when you recognized the face of the person in the next coffin.

"Tifany was there too..." You said as you looked back at Matt who had a depressed expression on his face.

"Yeah..." Matt walked over and placed his hand on the cool material. You let him have his moment and walked over to the face you once called your lover.

"I guess we both lost someone important to us." You said barely above a whisper. Matt looked back at you.

"We tried our best." He said in a distraught tone. He surprised you by turning you around and giving you a tight hug.

"Matt-"

"It's okay, I won't look." You didn't know what to do at the moment but slowly you wrapped your arms around him and felt the tears coming.

This was the moment to be vulnerable, this was the moment to cry your heart out as you held Matt tightly. He stroked your hair and let a few tears fall as well.

Meanwhile, Keith was at the door, listening carefully. When you started crying, he turned away, hearing your soft cries as he left the hallway.

"Hey Keith how's-" Shiro began but Keith just walked by him as if he weren't even there.

~

"Princess, I know this is not the best time but one of the members from the blade of Mormora is coming here to discuss the last mission. They said they found something important..."

"Alright." She sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. "How long until they are here?"

"Two dobashis."

"Alright."

~

You were at the doorway of your room just standing there staring at all the kid things that laid on the floor.

Well, time to look for anything useful.

You thought as you grabbed a duffle bag from the top of your closet.

Obviously, your clothes weren't going to be of any use but maybe Allura might want them back, so you neatly folded them and placed them on the bed. And then you noticed a certain stuffed animal on your bed.

Your little red Lion.

All to soon you heard the footsteps of a certain paladin and quickly stuffed it in your bag.

"What do you want Keith?" You asked plainly as you kept packing.

"How'd you know it was me?" He asked as he entered the room and stood next to you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Lucky guess." You stood up and walked over to the bathroom and tossed anything else you needed in your bag.

"What are you doing?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm packing what does it look like?" You said honestly not understanding why he would ask such a stupid question. "I've gotta go." You zipped up your bag and slung it over your shoulder.

"What? You're leaving??" Keith stood in your way when you tried to leave.

"Yeah, I've got places to go people to see. Now move." You said honestly and took a side step so you could leave but once again, Keith got in your way.

"You can't just up and leave without giving us an explanation." Keith's tone started to sound angrier.

"I get it, you guys are confused but there are things that can't be said, Keith. I'll tell everyone thank you for taking care of me these past months but after that, I have to leave." You sighed and tried to leave one more time but Keith surprised you by carrying you fireman style over his shoulder.

"What the?!" You could have easily flipped off of him or even kicked his ass but the sudden upside-down motion caused your head to get dizzy, making it impossible to fight back. "Put me down!"

"Not until we talk about this with the others, I'm sure they'll agree with me that you can't just leave." Keith kept walking down the hallway to the bridge and finally put you down, making you stumble back.

"Why you little-!" You already had your fist ready when you were cut off and you noticed there were others in the room apart from the paladins.

"Kolivan?" You said in surprise.

"Lady Y/n?" Kolivan responded with an equal amount of shock.

"You know him?" Keith questioned.

"And did he just call you Lady Y/n???" Lance asked.

"What is the meaning of this?" Allura demanded an answer.

"Do you all not know who she is?" Kolivan asked. "She's-"

"Wait don't-!"

"the one who founded the blade of mormora."

"WHAT?!"

Celestial-Red