Chapter 20: Give it your all

"We're in position." Matt said through his communicator.

"Blade?" You asked.

"We are ready." Kolivan's steady voice could be heard.

"Castle? Voltron?"

"Everything's a go over here." Answered Coran.

"So is Voltron." Confirmed Shiro.

"Alright, everyone stay alert." You said as you watched Lotor's ship land. "Rex are you ready?" You focused your vision on the person behind a large bolder who had a Sniper rifle in his hands. He loaded the tranquilizer in the rifle and positioned it in one of the small holes that they carved into the rock beforehand.

"Ready Y/n." He answered in a somewhat shaky voice. Nervous couldn't even begin to explain how he felt at that moment, the whole plan depended on this one shot.

"Okay, wait until he's in position and then go for it." You ordered. Your hands gripped the handles of the White Lion tighter as the seconds passed.

"He's in my line of sight." Rex locked and loaded and steadied his breathing as he tried his best to aim at Lotor's neck. He hovered his index finger over the trigger and,

"What do we have here?" A female voice was heard right before Rex was grabbed by his right ankle and lifted in the air effortlessly letting the gun fall with a clatter.

"No!" You yelled out slammed a fist on your controls in anger seeing that he was found out.

"Hum, you look like one of those rebel fighters." The girl looked at him with curious eyes. The various colors on her skin catching his attention.

"Ezor what are you-" Another female voice was heard.

"Look what I found Acxa!" The girl named Ezor bosted. Almost immediately Acxa kicked Rex into Lotor's line of view, catching his attention.

"We're being watched, all guards seek out the intruders!" Acxa ordered through a communicator.

"Rebel fighters you need to get in there now!" You shouted.

Ezor blinked a few times before understanding what was going on. "Go get Zethrid, we're going Paladin hunting," Acxa announced.

"Okay." She answered carelessly with a shrug. Rex was trying to slowly crawl away from the situation but Ezor stepped on his chest causing him to cough as he hit the ground. "And what do we do about him?" Acxa was about to answer but then noticed other fighters coming up from the horizon with weapons at hand.

"Take him with us, I'll go inform Lotor." And with that said, the fight began.

Lazers shot left and right on the ground as the Paladins soon made their arrival and they started by shooting down any spacecraft that was coming their way.

"Lance, hunk! I'm gonna need you two to take out the cannons on the sides. Pidge you go help the rebels get Rex back while Keith and I'll try to get Lotor!" Shiro grunted as he threw the lever forward making his Lion move faster.

"Right!"

Meanwhile, you gritted your teeth seeing that at the moment there really wasn't anything you could do to help your comrades. You watched as Kolivan and the Castle gave aerial support to those below you.

You watched carefully as the scene unfolded but then you noticed something shifting in the center of the Galran base.

The center was opening in a spiral-like manner, letting a tall pillar appear and then fall horizontally, it looked somewhat like an