Chapter 19: Fight back

"Now's the time to attack." You started off as you pulled up a holo-map of the remaining Galran empires.

"Yes but we must take caution," Kolivan brought up some video footage of something that seemed like a battlefield. "Since Zarkon is out of commission, there are other Galrans that are trying to take over by battling each other.

"And do we know what Lotor's next move will be?" You asked looking through the files.

"We have intel that he'll be arriving on planet Sablion to pick up something from the post in about two days."

"Then we'll be there tomorrow morning. Kolivan, tell the others to get the gear ready while we finish the details and put me in contact with the mechanics cause i'm gonna need help to finish the repairs on White. Bellox, Ezran, you two will get the rebels ready..." You kept giving orders and made sure no one was left standing around doing nothing.

Shiro watched in amazement at how efficient you were. Well, you were their leader for that very reason. You gave indications left and right without missing a beat and Shiro was more than impressed.

As you kept planning, you caught Shiro's glance and felt a bit embarrassed all of a sudden, he had that look, you know, the 'proud dad look.'

"So what do you suggest Shiro." You began, hoping he would stop that ridiculous expression. "You know how the others work as a team better than I do." Shiro blinked a few times before answering more seriously.

"Right, let's talk strategy."

~

"So this is planet Sablion." Keith said to no one in specific as the lions, the castle, along with the rebel fighters and the blade, made it to their destination.

"It's basically a dessert!" Lance exclaimed not really linking the view of sand dunes and dry weather.

"At least we can set up the mines." You said examining the heavily guarded port.

"Alright team, the blade is going to stay at a nearby asteroid to give us air support later in the fight if needed. The rebel fighters are heading to the Southside of the port while we take the Northside." Shiro instructed. Everyone nodded their heads in understanding and headed to a spot far enough so they won't be seen.

"Pidge, you and I are going to get close to get a full scan of the place, we need to get eyes inside that place." You indicated. Everyone except you and Pidge landed their lions. "We'll be back soon." You said through the communicator as you two left.

You both put up the cloaking setting in your lions and hovered above without being noticed.

"We've got about 10 minutes, commencing scanning." You said and waited for White to get the info. But you heard an error sound and noticed that the lower level of the port was encrypted.

"Pidge?"

"I'm already on it." You watched Pidge through your seen as she did her magic. "Damn it, to get the bottom floor I need to get the code from one of the control panels." Pidge racked her brain trying to find a way to get the code without having to leave the lions, but you had other plans.

"I'll have my lion drop me off and I'll get that code." You said already driving your lion closer.

"Wait-"

"Y/n, that's not part of the plan." Shiro appeared on your screen all of a sudden.

"I know it's not but we need the full layout to have this plan work."

"It's too risky, that place is crawling with Galra soldiers." Keith added.

"You're telling me not to be risky? That's rich." You chuckled as you steady your lion, ready to jetpack down there.