Chapter 6: Search and Find

You wanted EVERYTHING.

Your eyes sparkled seeing so many shiny new things but you knew better than to ask for anything. You turned to look at Keith and he just seemed frustrated as he looked for that scultrite whatever, you pouted seeing him not having a good time like you were, so you tried to find a way to make him happy.

It was pretty hard considering you didn't know much about this paladin. All you knew was that he liked the color red.

That's it.

Maybe he likes animals?

You tried to look for anything that would catch his attention, but in the end, you were the one who got distracted seeing little space animals.

You two stopped at the window display where the creatures played in their cages, they were weird but cute at the same time, you really didn't know how to explain it. You noticed Keith staring at a small animal in the corner, it reminded you of a tiny hippo!

"Do you like Hippos?" You asked him. Keith jumped a bit hearing you suddenly talk. Awkwardly, he looked away and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, yeah, I think they're pretty cool." He answered without making any eye contact.

"Yeah!" You agreed and turned to look back at the other animals, but you noticed that inside the actual store they were selling toys too!

And there it was.

A Voltron red lion plush toy.

It was next to the other lions like the blue, green, yellow and black ones but you liked the red one better.

"Keef look!" You shouted as you jumped up and down. Keith turned his attention to what you were looking at and playfully rolled his eyes, this wouldn't be the first time he's seen 'Voltron' Merch.

"Is there anything you'd like?" A kind-looking lady with big puffy white hair asked.

"Oh, nothing, we were just looking," Keith said ready to leave since he really didn't want to socialize with anyone.

"I see you've got your eye on the red plush little one." She commented. You suddenly felt shy and hid behind Keith with your head sticking out on the side. The lady simply chuckled at your cute actions. "Is she your sister?" She asked. Keith's eyes widened the slightest bit.

"Um, yeah." Was all he answered. The lady smiled and walked over to pick up the plush.

"I can see where she gets her shyness." She commented with a giggle and a slight blush. You watched her carefully.

Is this what they call flirting?

"Tell ya what, I've been having a pretty good day today, so I'll give this to you for free." She said while handing it over to you. You looked like you just won the lottery and you were about to grab it but Keith went and said,

"No, it's okay, really, you don't have to do that."

Keef shut up!

"Oh don't worry about it, this isn't that expensive anyway." She waved him off and handed you the plush.

"Thank you cloud lady!" You said while squishing the stuffed lion. The lady laughed at the nickname you gave her.

"You're welcome, sweetie." She then turned to look at Keith. "Come back any time you want." She added with a wink. You then furrowed your eyebrows and grabbed onto Keith's leg protectively.

"Mine!" You proclaimed. Keith felt his cheeks flare up feeling embarrassed.

"Sorry about that." He apologized for you.