Chapter 14: Fight for your loved ones

"Hand over the brat and we might let you live." The leader ordered. Keith slowly puts you down on the ground but you held on to him tightly.

"Keef?" You said in a worried tone. He wasn't really going to abandon you, was he?

"It's going to be okay, trust me" He whispered for only you to hear. You nodded your head and let him go so you would be sitting on the floor.

"What are you waiting for? Hand her over!" He yelled taking a step forward with his hand hovering over his laser gun. Keith watched him carefully as he tugged on his gloves and flexed his hand.

"Y/n, remember the game 'Last one standing'?" You looked at him confused but nodded. "Let's play. When I say now, you're gonna closes your eyes and wait until I tell you okay?" You nodded once again in understanding.

"That's' rich. You think you can take us all on?" The leader laughed cracking his knuckles.

"Fuck yeah." The leader scowled at Keith.

"Prepare to die!" He yelled and charged at Keith.

"Now!"

"Keef!" You yelled out and covered your eyes with your hands. Keith was confused as to why you called his name out and then remembered the other rule of the game.

Call out the name of the person you think is going to win.

Keith smirked and rushed forward with his Bayard sword appearing in his right hand.

Trying to get the first hit, Keith swings his sword and barely even grazes his opponent's stomach.

He tries again and lunges at him but once again he slips away. "You'll never defeat me with that kind of fighting style boy!" He swings his fist and lands a hit right in Keith's face. "My name is Ardack! I am feared throughout the entire Galaxy! Be grateful you'll be slain by such a great worrier!" Without warning, he took out a pocket knife and sliced across Keith's arm. You flinched hearing him cry out in pain.

Ardack took the chance and bolted for you but Keith immediately threw his sword making it land right in front of you, injuring Ardack's left hand.

"Ahh!" He yelled in agony seeing the tip of his index finger dangling.

"Next time it won't just be your finger." Keith threatened as he ran over with his Mormoran sword in his right hand.

Ardack had to step back to dodge the attack. With a grunt, he yanked what was left of his finger and turned to his soldiers.

"What are you idiots waiting for?! Get that girl!" He commanded clearly angered.

Keith counted quickly in his head, in total 5 against 1, that doesn't seem fair. He needed more distance between you and them.

"Sorry about this kiddo," Keith said before pushing you backward, making you roll to the far corner of the training ground. You yelped in surprise and looked towards Keith with fear coursing through your little veins. He had his Bayard out and his Mormoran blade extended in a fighting stance.

You couldn't just sit there as you watched Keith turn left and right to fight off the enemy, there had to be something for you to do...

You looked around the room frantically and noticed the top room, where the controls were to make the training sequences. You immediately got up and ran towards the control room while everyone was still distracted.

You begged your legs to run faster as you got closer to your destination. Once you got there you climbed to the top of the counter.

Now, how the heck does this thing work?!