Chapter 2: Long Night

Lance scooped you into his arms and took you to the kitchen. You were sat down on the kitchen table and watched curiously as Hunk got together a bunch of different 'ingredients' together. Seeing as to how exotic and weird the food started looking, you were starting to get worried.

"It's going to take me a little while to prepare your food so while you wait you can eat some yummy food goo!" You looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

Food. Goo?

He served you a small plate and set it down in front of you with a big smile.

"Eat up!" Encouraged Pidge handing you a spoon. You looked down at the food with disgust...

It was Green.

Literally GREEN.

No matter how hungry you were, you weren't going to eat that. Nope. 

You were starting to question if you were really safe with them, or if they were gonna fatten you up to eat you. You pushed the plate away from you and the others noticed your rejection towards the new type of food.

"Come on Y/n. It's really good." Shiro tried to convince you as he grabbed another spoon and brought it up to you. You scrunched your nose in disgust and retreated your face. You still weren't convinced so you shook your head in hopes that they would give you something else to eat.

"Alright guys, make way for the child expert!" Lance declared as he walked over to you with his head held high. Everyone gave him questioning looks. "I have four younger siblings and I know how to deal with situations like this." He sat down confidently on a chair next to you and took a spoon full and ate it.

Oh, my, gosh, he ate it.

You literally felt sick seeing him actually enjoy the food goo. "Yum! This really is the best! Try it guys!" Lance passed the plate around and you watched how everyone enjoyed it. You were waiting for him to make you try some again but just kept on eating it by himself. After some time, he looked at you.

"Sorry Y/n but you said you didn't like it." He shrugged you off and kept eating it. You looked at him with eyes of betrayal.

"No! Me me!" You said in your small voice feeling left out.

"Are you sure?" He asked you with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh-huh!" You nodded your head.

"Alright, then~ here comes the goo train~!" Lance made train noises and you opened your mouth, getting ready to taste what was 'so good' to everyone.

You ate the food goo and swallowed.

It wasn't that bad...

You then opened your mouth again, signaling that you wanted more.

"That's a good girl!" Everyone looked at you with a smile and would laugh at some things that you didn't really understand.

Grown-up jokes maybe?

But that's when you realized that there was a Paladin missing, and if you could recall, his name was

"Keef?" You said out loud, trying to find the black-haired man. Everyone stopped talking and looked at each other to see what to say.

"He's busy. Don't worry, he'll be back soon." Shiro said while ruffling your hair.

"Oh..."

"It's ready! Eat up Y/n!" Hunk said, setting down some delicious-looking food on the table. You didn't even ask for an eating utensil because your hands were good enough to do the job.