Chapter 32

Marianne

The sun is just beginning to rise, it's the perfect time to paint the sunrise, I don't think taking a picture does it any justice or camptures the true essence of the beauty. I've been painting the sunrise for a month now, every sunrise is different, but my painting is looking very good so far. By the time I am done I make my way to my bedroom where I find him still laying peacfully on the bed.
I love him so much, but it wasn't all sunshine and roses when I met him and all is still not completely right, it's like something is holding him back. We met when me and my Father visited a neighboring pack when I suddenly smelt him, I was so excited to finally meet my mate. When we found each other I was kind of surprised to find him in the condition he was in.
There was no life in his eyes, he was pale, had little to no muscle in an unhealthy way, he looked rugged. I could not believe it when he told me that he was an alpha, but he never told me why he was in such a state, nobody else wanted to tell me either, especially Margaret, his little sister. Despite that, we made our way through and are now sort of happy, but the moment we are happy it's like he remembers something and then he switches to a depressive state. It's been like this for a year now.
"Honey, wake up it's time for breakfast." I give him kisses on his face and he slowly wakes up. He sees me and smiles, "Morning Beautiful, how's the painting going?"
I place a kiss on his lips, "I think it's comming along pretty well." He pouts, "I still want to see it." I never reveal my paintings until it is finished, mutch to his dislike. "Meanie head." He streches and heads off to the shower while I make the bed. Just when he comes out his phone rings, he dashes over to the phone.
He looks nervous, "Austin?" I heard some rambling and then Liam's face brighten like I've never seen before and I felt jealous. I wanted him to smile at me like that. "On our way." He puts down the phone and rushes into his closet. "Babe pack, we've got to go now!" He throws alot of clothes into the bag, some of mine as well, why was he so rushed? . "Uhm, sure, let me make some lunch for the way."
"There is no time Marianne! Come on!"
I flinched at the tone of his voice but said nothing, nor did he notice.

We've been driving for 2 hours, which is really fast since he is going insanely fast. In an instant I smell that we have entered another pack, a strong one. I could feel the power radiating in this area.
"Liam?"
My voice falls on death ears. It's then that I looked closer at him, he is very nervous, he is pale and he is griping the wheel very tight,his jaw in clenched. We park in front of what I assume was the pack house. "Marianne, just be with me please and whatever is said, please don't get mad." His eyes holds so much pain and regret. "I'm here for you Liam, no matter what." He holds my hand and kisses it.
Outside I see two people, both male, very much build and look totally the opposite of each other. Their stance is stern as they set eyes on us. "Austin, Max." Liam's voice falter as he addresses them, he's an alpha. He should not be acting like this in front of another pack it will show weakness. "Alpha Liam." One of them says he was mocking Liam's title that he got last year when he turned 18, but the other one just keeps staring at my mate. "Is she?"
She, who is she?
The one who didn't greet Liam answered the half question. "You can wait in the living room." Before we could take a step further. "Be advised you are only here because I was ordered to call you Liam." His voice could cut you if it could, the hate in his voice is very clear. He was disrespecting him. The other one nudge him from the side, "Come on, Austin. Not now please." Oky so the mean one is Austin.
"So, is it someome elses mate you have there by your side?"
"Auzzie!" Austin flinched at the tone of a womans voice. Liam was restless, I could feel it through the mate bond. A very beautiful woman walked out of the house. She had beautiful light blond hair that almost reached the floor, beautiful blue eyes. Her skin looked so soft and milky. When she saw Liam her eyes perked up and she rushed to him, Austin wanted to stop her but then he hissed and this woman just smirked. She was hugging Liam and he was hugging her like his life depended on it. "I'm sorry Maddy."
"Let's not think about it, why have you lost so much weight?" She then turns to me and smiled, "So, who is this lovely woman by your side?" Her gaze met mine, I was feeling a little jealous of her, she was much more beautiful than me. Liam smiled proudly at me and placed his arm around my waist. "This is my mate Marianne, Marianne, this is Luna Madeline of the Blood Crescent pack." So she was someone else's then. I felt more than relieved. "Oh it's so good to meet you, you are absolutely beautiful." Her smile was so genuine, I now find myself hard to even hate her. "Butterfly, please take it easy the doctors say you should take it easy." A much older man, but very handsome for his age, comes out. She pouts,"Ahw Wolf, you're no fun." She trots over to him and kisses him. Her father, maybe?  "Marianne, this is my mate, Alpha Ethan." I tried to hide the shock, but she just smiles. "I know right, this old man my mate. Shocking I know." The Alpha grunted and shook his head. "Madeline, don't make me feel old." But he couldn't stop smiling, looking at her like she was his lifeline. "Please come in."

Madeline

Marianne was beautiful, red hair, green eyes, little freckles. She looked perfect with Liam. I knew she painted because I could still see some paint on her hands, it was the same as my moms. One of the maids served us coffe and biscuits. Everyone was little tense, I could understand why.
Time to settle this. "Liam, can I speak with you." He tensed up. I hope my smile would ease him up. "Sure, oky." I lead him out to the garden despite the looks he received from, well everyone. "Maddy, I...." I held my hand up to stop him from speaking. "No let me speak." I take a deep breath.
"Don't blame yourself for what happened to me Liam. You didn't know and neither did I, so don't go blaming yourself about what happened." He didn't want to look me in the eyes. "Austin and Max warned me, to stay away from you, but I didn't listen. I should've listen." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, but what kind of teenage Alpha listens to someone else that is not even in his own pack." He knew I was right. "Liam, I forgive you and you need to forgive yourself so that you can be truly happy with Marianne, the kiss was uncalled for and you knew where I stood so I was not very happy that you went against what I told you about being just friends, but it's fine now, everything worked out fine." He was crying now, but I didn't comment on it. I just sat beside him and let him cry it out. "Thank you Madeline, I felt so guilty, finding my mate while you were lying in the hospital. The taught that I took a shot at someone else's mate. It broke me. To know that if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have been in a coma."
"Well now you don't have to worry, I'm fine, although I don't think Ethan is very happy that you stole my first kiss and neither am I." We sit in silence again for him to compose himself. "Does Marianne know about, the whole situation." He takes a deep breath while looking at the sky.
"No, I was afraid of what she would think of me." He was playing with his hands. "Geez, Alpha up Liam, she'll still be by your side at the end." His eyes shined hopefully. "You think she would?" To assure him I smiled. "Of coarse, so can we call a truce and be friends?" I stick my hand out to him, he just sign and shook my hand. "Don't see why not." We walk back into the house to see Austin walking a hole into the ground. "Austin, you know not all of us wants to fall in that hole that you are currently digging walking like a lunatic." He immediately stops and turns around to look at me. "I wasn't walking like a lunatic." The people around him just snickers.
Ethan I could hear was silently growling while eyeing Liam very closely. I knew he was holding himself back to attack Liam.
Oh deary me, I just want everyone to get along.

🌸🌸🌸

Comment
Vote
Enjoy!

A side note to my story, in my reading list is Mafia God, totally not what I expected and I laughed soo much. Go give it a try! You won't regret it😂