Chapter 29

Ethan

How did I ruin this woman's life?
"I see you look confused. Let me fill you in. I, Iola,was about sixteen years old, my mother and father wanted me to marry you. Upon presenting me to you, you didn't even bat an eye at me. You had no interest in me what soever no matter how much I put myself out there. My parents blamed me, telling me I'm ugly. I was tortured every day till I would pass out, they rented me out to men to have their way with me. When my mate met me, they killed him before my very own eyes! They said they wished that I was never born!" I had no idea, I really can't remember seeing her. "And for all that you shall pay!" She launched at me but I dodged it, but in the process a wolf nipped a piece of my shoulder. I had to fight her and the wolves around me. "Look I'm sorry, but this is not my fault. Your parents just weren't good parents." No one should go through something like that. She had really sick parents. She launched again but this time I bit her hind leg.
"Bastard!"

We keep on fighting, she was good, but I am better. I needed to end this now, I didn't want to kill Iola, but she and her wolf are long gone. I pinned her down and went for her neck, but I didn't bite her neck. I bit an arm. "Zelus?" The man was frightening, he had spiked pitch black hair, black eyes and a greyish completion. The wound instantly heals where I bit him. His aura is dangerous, we could feel it. "You are mine Iola, remember that." He then looks around and sigh. "Iola, you've lost."
Did I know what was going on? No. Iola shook her head frantically. "Nn...nnoo,this can't be! You promised this would work, that I would get my revenge." She scooted away from him. "Devine intervention, we would have won." He didn't seem to care much. She now clings onto him. I look around to see all her men laying dead on the ground. The men wanted to come closer, but I signaled them to stop. This man, Zelus, was not normal. "But you can defeat them right?" Her eyes shine full of hope while tears are running down her cheeks.
"Yes, but I won't lower myself to that level. I don't want to kill Ethan either, M won't like that and I don't want the wrath of Selene either."
Who is M?
He then smiles, like a predator about to devour its prey. "It's time to go, sweetheart."
"Please no!" She begged. "We had a deal sweety, times up!" His nails grew longer and he punched her gut, her eyes went wide as she gasp for air. Her abdomen starts to glow black and spreads through her body. "It was fun." He says. He takes her head and he kissed her lips and she turns into ashes. He licks the black liquid from his lips, "Very satisfying indeed." He then turns to me. My guard is up, what will he do? "Oh don't worry creatures of Selene, I have no qualms with you." I still didn't let my guard down. His eyes lock with mine, "Especially you, you smell like her." Like who?
"Uncle Z?"
She promised, what is she doing outside. Madeline stood there, just a few miles away from a man who could end her life.
To my shock, Zelus smiled. "Little M, how have you been?" What the fuck is going on!? I didn't know who looked more confused, me or Madeline. "You were behind this?" Zelus scratches the back of his head. "Don't be mad M, be glad Ehtan smelled like you, he is save, take care." He dissappears in black smoke. I turn to glare at Madeline and she smiles sheepishly. "Hey mate."
"You've got a lot to explain." I order her back to my hut. "Everyone, brilliant work. Take a break." I walk to my hut.

"Explain." I say to Madeline. She wraps a blanket around her. "Well I know him as Uncle Z, he's been looking out for me ever since my dad died. My mother never knew about him, it was always when she was away that he would look after me. I remember when I asked him why he was there when mother wasn't around he said that he promised my father. That's all I know about him, I don't even know what he is, but we knew he wasn't a wolf." I embrace her. "Alright Butterfly,let's not fret any further." I tip us over and we are now cuddling.
This Zelus guy seemed to really care about Madeline, he really wondered just who he was. Madeline smiles with content. "This is nice." My wolf wagged his tail and I smiled. "Yes, now sleep my Butterfly." She was asleep before I could blink and I soon followed.

"You know, we could always have a short vacation before going home." Madeline was packing my stuff. Thanks to Madeline's warning we won, I explained everything to the counsel about why I lied and they accepted it. Which I was very glad for. We held a grand feast the next night, celebrating our win. I went to train for four more days. She insisted on training along and she did amazingly well. "No Ethan, we have to go back. I have to speak with everyone. I literally woke up and demanded to see you. Sooo, they really want to see me." She was focused on packing my suitcase. It's adorable how she was focused like that on a silly task. I would have just thrown everything in, but that is me.
I did do it, but she threw everything out and started to fold up the clothes. I argued that they will be washes anyway so why do it? But she would not budge.
After saying goodbye to everyone and trying to keep the boys away from Madeline, we finally made our way home. "You look lost in taught Butterfly." She was taking in the scenery while we drove. "I realize just now how everything about us makes sense." I know it's alot to take in for her. I hope she doesn't get to mad when all of this sinks in.
She yawns, "Sleep love, I'll wake you up when we are home." She smiled, "Love, you called me love, sounds nice." And she was fast asleep. She falls asleep quick and she is a heavy sleeper as well.
I couldn't wait to get back home.

🌸🌸🌸

Again you have been warned, I'm not good at war/battle scenes. Hate the writer not the chapter😜
So we know the unknown characters, Iola and Zelus! How do you feel about them?

Chapter 28 and 29 was the hardest to write for me. I have no creative violence to save me so I had to read like five books just to get a feel for the writing, but the chapters still ended up not so good.