Chapter 31

After viewing this chapter and the ones yet to be publish. I realized that Austin and Max don't really work well as a couple for me even though I ship them together, they are more best friends. Maxtin fans please don't hate me, but the ship has to go! 🙈😭

🌸🌸🌸

Ethan 30
Madeline 17

After Austin and Max tackled me to death, they finally settled. "Max, can I talk to Austin alone?" He nodded, and went to the kitchen, no doubt to go raid the cookie jar.
"Sooo, I heard you were assigned to be my guard ever since we were little."
Austin did not respond, instead he just stared at the ground, but I did not push him to talk. I knew him long enough to know I have to wait.
"I was assigned to be your guard eversince Ethan knew you were his mate. He needed someone close to your age since every warrior was a little to old to go to preschool." With that we chuckled.
"Since I was the son of the beta with excellent skills, I was chosen, but Maddy, you grew to be my best friend. Please don't be mad at me. Please!" He was shaking now, he was afraid I'll denie our friendship. "No wonder you wouldn't leave me alone and chase all the boys away. Geeze, that must've been tuff." I laugh and he joins me. "Yeah, do you know how many men I had to beat up. Geeze!" He shakes his head and look up at the sky, we are once again sitting in silence. "Auzzie, you know it was not your fault, you couldn't have protected me 24/7." He wanted to say something but I stopped him. "Forgive yourself, there is no need to feel guilty. You might have been my guard, but you are foremost my friend. You don't have to carry that weight anymore. Forgive yourself." He was crying, but I let him. "Thanks Maddy."
"Also I am sorry." I say to him and he looks at me puzzled. "I didn't know about the mark, I didn't know in what pain I put you through. I'm sorry." He just smiles. "It's fine Maddy, I was a little aggressive when I knew how you'd react." He gives me a hug. "So you forgive me?"
He chuckles, "Of coarse I do silly."

Now for the fun, "Now, I'd lovvveee to meet your mate." I smirk and Austin grew redder than a tomato. I knew who his mate was, but I had to have some fun. "You know I have a mate?"
Oh poor Austin. "Yeah, I heard bits and pieces while in my coma. I could hear you say that you had a mate." He scratches his head and blushes. "Yeah I did meet her, she's really great, we had a rough start though." He gives a crooked smile, showing his worry. "Well are you and the nurse fine now?" His eyes widen. "You knew?!" I laughed. "Oh yes, Max told me all about it while I was in my coma, plus I could smell her all over you. She did tend to me after all." I smirked and he just rest his head in his hands. "Don't do that to me Maddy, it's not fair." He pouts while I still laugh. "Oh you'll get over it!" I waved his poutiness away. He smiled, "It's good to have you back, Luna." He smirks and I turn pale, "Holy, sweet honey ice tea! I'm gonna be a Luna!" It was now my turn to rest my head in my hands while Austin laughed. "Don't worry Maddy, you will be an amazing Luna. Everyone loves you already." He assures me, he is truly my best friend. "Call Max, he seems to be restless." I tell Austin and in seconds Max was by his side. "Soooo, Max, Austin, why haven't you mated or marked with your mates yet?" I give them a very stearn look and he pales. "How did you even knew I had one?" I give them a 'seriously' look. "I know you guys plus your scents are all mixed up with another scent." He scratches his head and blushes.
"How could we Cupcake? We were to worried about you and well, my mate wasn't who I taught it would be." He moves in a way that lets me know he's uncomfortable. I give them hugs. "Well, I want to meet them tomorrow!" Max's eyes grew, he wanted to protest but with one look from me and he shuts up. "I'm also sorry for everything I put you guys through, but everything is fine now." We talked alot about what I missed. It was so good to hear them laughing again. I took notice of how much weight they have lost, but all will be alright now.
"Alright I miss my mate now." Ethan comes in, picks me up and sits me on his lap. Naturally I blushed like a tomato. "Better." He smirks at me and I nuzzle my head on his neck while he chuckled. "Aahhww that's so cute!" Max raved and I roll my eyes. "Buzz off Max." He holds his hands up in surrender. "Fine fine!"
"I need to speak with Jee Jee, where os she?" I ask Ethan. "She's at her house, she hasn't been herself since, you know." I needed to speak to her as well. "Take me to her."

We arrive at Jean's house. I knock on the door. "Jee Jee?" I hear her walking very fast to the door. The door didn't even get a chance to open properly when Jean embrace me in a hug, well as normal as this hug could be because she was huge, and by that I mean pregnant. "Madeline, I shouldn't have let you go I was so stupid." She rambles on while being a crying mess. I hugged her as tight as I could with a pregnant woman. "Hey, Jee Jee, it's not your fault. I'm oky now." She sniffed, her red puffy eyes looks at me full of sadness. "Really?" I pressed my head against hers, hoping it will calm her down. "Really really." She then smiles and gives me a hug again.
"Uh, guys. No need to be alarmed, but please take me to the hospital and call Matthew. I'm going in labor!" I look down to see her water broke. Ethan and I's eyes grew wide in shock. "Ohhhh, uhm, where is Ivan? Your overnight bag?" I rushed out while Ethan picked her up. "Both is with Matthew." Less things to worry about. I'm sure Ethan already mind linked Matthew.

We find Matthew and Ivan at the hospital doors waiting for us with the doctors.
"Give me Ivan, he will be fine with us." He didn't need to think twice before giving his five year old son to me and rushed to Jean who was now a screaming mess. "Luna, where are they taking my mommy?" Poor kid was laced with worry. "Mommy is going to bring a baby into this life." I say to him and he looks at me with those innocence eyes. "Will it hurt?"
"Not much sweety, but your daddy is with her so she will be fine." He nods, feeling at ease to know his dad is protecting his mom.
It's been a few hours now, by now Daniel, Cas, Kane, Elsa, Max, Austin and my mother were all present. Waiting for Jean and Matthew. Despite hearing Jean's screams, Ivan was softly sleeping in my arms,"You'll make a great mother one day." Ethan whisperes in my ear, making me blush while he just smiled at my reaction.
Finally Matthew came out with a smile. "It's a healthy baby girl." We all cheered. "Luna, she asks for you." It's wierd now that people call me Luna. "Yikes, must you sound so formal, it's still me." He just smiled.
I walk in with Ivan who is curiosly watching the small bundle in his mothers arms. "Come sweety." I place him next to her. His eyes focused on his sister. "You must protect your little sister, her name is Gwen." I smiled at the cute name. "It's beautiful for her Jee Jee." She holds Gwen out for me, "Hold her." Gwen was so tiny, she was just beautiful. "You did good Mamma Jee." She just shook her head. Ivan keeping a close eye on his baby sis in my arms. I give her back to Jean and let Matthew be with them as a family. Outside Ethan holds his arm to me, "Let's go home." Max pouted, "But I wanted to see the baby!" He wines and Austin just rolled his eyes. "You will later, now come." Austin draggs Max out by the collar. "Oh Austin, invite Liam over will you." He wanted to protests but with one look from me he nods his head, clearly not happy with the job he needed to do. Ethan looks angry and I took a deep breath. "Wolf, we need to sort everything out. Everything is a mess and I want to fix this. We don't need to be on bad terms." He growled, "He kissed you! Made me hurt you!" I grab his face and kissed him and of course he immediately calms down. "Come now." He sighed and looked up at the roof. "Butterfly, you're gonna make me crazy." I jusy smiled, I loved this man.

🌸🌸🌸

Yay, Jean got her baby. Little Gwen! Welcome to the family!

Baby Gwen! Cuteness overload!

Jean, Matthew, Ivan and Gwen.