Chapter 3

"This will be your room, mine is just across from it oky. If you need anything you can just enter, oky Butterfly?" She looks sad, "Wolfie not going to be with me?" tears start to form in her eyes.
Oh dear, "Hey, look at me. It's going to be oky. I will always be here for you oky no matter what. Do you understand, Butterfly?" Her crying wet face clears up a bit. "Will you stay till I fall asleep?" How could I say no?
"Sure thing, Butterfly." I carry her to her bed. I designed this room for her in a speed I didn't know was possible. I would have to thank the workers big time.

"This is your room forever when you come visit. Do you like it?" I am nervous, will she like it?
Her eyes are full of wonder as she scans the room. I put her down and she carefully walks around the room admiring everything, touching everything so delicately like she is touching a flower.
"Is this really my room, Wolfie?" Her big blue eyes stare right at me and awe. I kneel down to her level and give her the biggest smile. "Of course it is. You are my Butterfly afterall." She giggles as I kiss her nose. "Well, try out the bed." She drags me with her to the bed, on it lies some pajamas that I thought would fit her. "Those are yours to sleep in. Go get dressed." Grabbing the close, she walks into the bathroom.
A little while later she emerge. Her cute little pink satin dress makes her look so adorable. "I really like the feeling of this dress." and stopping my heart, she blushes. She walks over to me on the bed, she springs on the bed and giggles a little and I open the covers for her to cuddle under. She giggles as she hides under her blankets while I try to tickle her.
After a while she starts to yawn."Time so sleep, Butterfly. Promise I will stay with you till you fall asleep oky?" She nodds as she snuggles closer to my body. In a matter of minutes she's asleep.

She looks so peaceful snuggling all up against me and my heart just aches. Knowing she is within my graps and yet so far away. 13 years away to be exact. This will be one long hard journey for me and my wolf.
Only I can feel the mate bond, she will only know when she turns 17 or maby 16, it depends on her own wolf. She may feel an attraction to me or admire me, but she won't understand why. And as I agreed with her mother, she is not to know that I am her mate in order to give her a normal werewolf childhood. Which is not going to be easy considering that ignorant boys will surround her without knowing that she is mine.
I kiss her forehead and silently sneak out of the room.
My room suddenly feels so empty and lonely, to think how long I will have to have this feeling is just soul crushing.
Lying in bed, I can't get myself to go asleep. Knowing she is just across from me, it makes my wolf go nuts. It's already 1 am and I am not even close to falling asleep.

Suddenly I heard a scream comming from Madeline's room. Instantly I barge into her room, I find her all teary eyed and sweaty. "Butterfly, what's wrong." She jumps into my arms and just cry her soul out while I try so soothe her. I think she might miss her mom?
"The bad people, they...they ca..ame and killed me and mommy." I had hope that the attack wouldn't give her nightmares, but guess I was wrong. "It's oky, remember it's just a bad dream. And do you remember,I saved you. I always will." She stops crying, her eyes are all swelled up from crying. "Promise Wolfie?" She held me tighter while I soothe her, rocking her back and forth. "Stay with me, Wolfie. Please, I don't want to have another bad dream. You chase them away." I couldn't say no, no matter what her mother and I agreed on. She is above all my mate and what she asks of me I will give her. "Alright Butterfly, but just for tonight oky." I lay down on her bed and she climbs on top of me and snuggles into my neck. Within seconds she falls asleep and I followed.

I had the best sleep that I hadn't had since my parents died. Lying next to my sleeping mate and waking up next to her is the best feeling in the world. I wanted to wake up like this everyday.
I heard knocking comming from across her room, meaning my own room. I get up and walk to the door. "What is it that you want Daniel, you'll wake Madeline." He jumps as he hears my voice from behind. "Right, uhm, good morning Alpha. I think we need to discuss the situation." He is without a doubt talking about Madeline being my mate. "Sure, but you watch her while I get ready."
"Dahm I walked into that one didn't I?" His voice filled with dread while I laugh at him while entering my room. Don't get me wrong, it is every wolf's honor to watch after the Luna, but since she comes in an age 5 package, she's not the easiest.

Daniel

I watched Ethan's mate still lying peacefully in bed from the corner. His scent is all over this room mixed with hers, I wonder what happened. Madeline begins to stirr and a little fear enters my body, please don't let her wake up now. I was out of luck. She opens her eyes and looks confused and sleepy around the room until she spots me. "Daisy? Where's Wolfie?" She looks frighten and begins to get tears in her eyes. "It's oky, he's just gone..." Before I could even finish she interrupt me. "Gone, Wolfie said that he would never leave me!" She begins to hyperventilate and tears are oozing from her eyes. I try to calm her down to explain that he just went to shower, but in seconds Ethan stomps into the room, eyes red and half wolf, he searches for Madeline and sees her on the bed in a state and growls when he sees me and I step back."
"Alpha just calm down you'll scare her in that Form." In that state he will kill me if I even go a centimeter near his mate,but I think Madeline will be scared of him. She's just a child still. Mate or not.
He walks over to her and Madeline's crying stopped as she watches Ethan approach. Ethan takes slow steps to her and lies his head between her neck and sniffs her. To my amazement, she calms down. "You promised you wouldn't leave me, you lied." I feel like I should leave the room, but the alpha is still in his protective mode so here I stand.
It amazes me that Madeline knew that that was Ethan. "Butterfly, I was just having a shower." Her big blue eyes looks right into his. "You could've taken me with you." She pouts innocently but Ethan gets as red as a tomato and I laugh my head off as Ethan tries to think of something to counter her with. "Wel.. Uhm... Butterfly, you're not old enough yet to shower with me oky."
She is still pouting and "poofing" out her cheeks. "But when will I be?" Poor Alpha, that's what you get when you have a 5year old mate. "When you know what I am to you, then you can shower with me." She smiles to brightly it makes my heart melt, she still looked a little confused thought. "Promise?" He takes her pinky with his, "Pinky promise." she hugs him and all the while I am witnessing this moment between them. Naturally I will embarrass him all the time now.

But I couldn't be more happy, when an Alpha finds his mate, his beta, delta and gamma will soon find their mate to.

🌸🌸🌸
Comment!
Vote!