Chapter 20

Ethan

We've been in this conference for five hours and to say I was irratated was an understatement. Lucy is half asleep next to me and Daniel looks like he will commit suicide any moment.
When the conference finally ended we mixed a little with the Alpha's just to show some decency. "Ethan let's go for a drink, I could really use some. Lucy do you want to go with us?"
She shakes her head, "No thank you, I want to get back to Logan. You two go and enjoy." She didn't want people knowing she's pregnant yet. I am so happy for her and Logan. I send her off in her car and told the guards that if so much as a hair of her is out of place they will be punished. I am very fond of her and think of her as a sister. "Well, lets get going!" Daniel skips to the car like a girl who was just kisses by her crush of 10 years.
We go to this fancy looking place and I smell Madeline, but I know that's impossible because she is suppose to be at home so I just shake it off. The waiter seats us and we order out drink. "So, how are you really doing Ethan?"
"I'm nervous. Madeline is already 16 and to be honest, Octavius is getting very antsy." He seems to think about something, but then I notice he paled when he saw something behind me. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw next.

Madeline

"Liam, this is a very expensive place. Are you sure, how did you even get a reservation?" We are currently in front of Giovanni's, a very high end restaurant that serves the most amazing food and you have to book months in advance. "Well I have my ways." He smirks as he leads me to the door where a waiter seats us.
"Thank you for coming Madeline. It means alot." I give him my best smile. "No problem. It's the least I could do. Someone had to build up that broken ego of yours for losing." I know I have a very smug looks by the way Liam is looking like he wants to throw daggers at me.
"Just your luck, I'll beat you next time, you just catched me on an off day, that's all." He seems to be smirking alot,oh that alpha ego of his. "Your fault if you loose again,alpha." We laugh as we enjoy our drinks and the evening is amazing so far. Liam is really good company, but I need to make it clear that we can only be friends. "Liam, I need to make this clear. We will never be more than friends." I could see his disappointment.
"Why not Madeline?" I take a deep breath. "Understand Liam, I am waiting for my mate and although you made me blush a view times, it means nothing." He leans back. "Very well, seems like Austin was right. See this then as a friendly dinner, deal?"
That made me smile. "Deal!"
We reached our desert and Liam ordered these amazing peppermint cake mixed with ice cream kind of thing and oh my soul is it delicious! I take my last piece of ice-cream and put it in my mouth.
My eyes closed and moaned in delight, but the next thing I knew Liam grabbed me and kissed me on the lips. Shock fills my body and Kaya is going ballistic in my mind. I didn't have time to react before the most dangerous growl ever echoed from behind me. I pull away and my eyes turn to the man I've grown to admire, but he looked nothing like I know him.
His eyes are bloodred and then going black, his fangs are present and he is in a half shift.
His aura feels deadly. I've never seen him like this and it scared me. For the first tine in my life I was afraid of Ethan.
"How? How could you!" His eyes bore into mine and Liam looked frightened and confused as to why Ethan is acting like this.
"Ethan, I..." but he growled only harder, it seemed that when Liam wanted to get closer, and by now the whole restaurant has left.
"You promised! You promised!" What did I promise?
I don't remember.
He stalked his way to me, I, in fear, stepped back and in an instant Liam is in front of me which Ethan does not take lightly. "You dare stand in front of me pup, she is mine!" I try to say something, but Liam was first to speak. "She is not yours and you are scaring her. I will not let you near her like that." Before he could even blink Ethan charged at him and push him out the way.
"Madeline!"
Time at that moment seemed to have slowed down, yet it went in a blink of an eye.
I see Daniel trying to come to me, but it was to late.
I feel Ethan's claws sink into by body. I feel so hazy, I could barely make out what was around me and I could hear someone screaming, but my eyes only focused on the green eyes that bore into my soul before all went dark.
My last thought...
I'm inlove with my Alpha!?

🌸🌸🌸

Got serious real fast.