Chapter 21

Austin

I felt it, immense pain comming from my chest. I had to stop what I was doing to compose myself.
"Fuck, did you feel that Austin?" Max comes over to me, clutching his chest as well. "Yes, any idea what it could mean?" Just then my phone rings.
"Hey broth.."
"Come to the hospital!" He interrupts me and then hangs up on me. Realization came upon me, the only reason he will act like that is if something happened to Madeline. "Max we've got to go to the hospital. It's Madeline!" Now fully alert we run to the hospital.
There we find;Jean, my brother, Kane, Juliet, Lucy and Liam. Jean is crying and mumbling something, Miss Juliet is walking up and down with tears in her eyes with some man standing next to her, Kane and Daniel is growling at Liam while he stands in the corner.
Where is Ethan?
"You better save my fucking mate or else I'll kill every last one of you!" I hear Alpha Ethan's voice and then something being thrown against the wall and glass breaking.
"Daniel what happened?" He growls at Liam, "This little fucker took Madeline on a date and it just so happens that Ethan and I were there. He kissed her, it clearly looked like she was taken by surprise and did not want to be kissed and Ethan freaked, when he launched to attack him I was to late to stop Madeline from standing in front of Liam and she got the blow he was suppose to get."
I was fuming as I stormed over to Liam giving him a punch in the face and he falls down to the floor.
"I fucking told you to stay away!" I kicked him in the stomach. "But your sorry alpha ass just couldn't listen!" I kept beating him until Max pulled me off of Liam. "That's enough, we need to be here for Madeline." It calms me just a little but I know that I will get the wrath of Ethan. I should've looked after Madeline and I failed.
I would lay my life for her without a doubt and now she's here in the hospital because I failed.

Ethan comes out of the room and everyone went tense, but once we saw him we held back our shock. He looked deshelved, his eyes red from crying and his eyes are no more green but instead their red colour. His shoulders is hunched over, he looks like a shell of himself. "She's in a coma. The doctors don't know when she will wake up." His voice is laced with pain and despair.  Madeline's mother falls to the floor as she sobs. Ethan walks over to her and hugs her. "I'm so sorry, I... I failed. I've been struggling with my anger of not claiming my mate. I tried to train with Lucy to control it, but I... I lost control..."
We watched as they broke down in tears. Anger clouds me again and I drag Liam out of the hospital. Max follows me. I throw Liam against the wall and punch the wall right next to his face. "Why, why couldn't you just back off?" my eyes are getting foggy and I know that tears are forming. My body is shaking, with anger or despair I don't know. "Look man I'm sorry I didn't think that.."
"Yes exactly! You didn't think!" Max interfere, "Look Liam, I know you might have fancy Madeline, but she isn't yours. She's not your mate, you should've predicted that something like this would happen if you chose to persue her and how could you not smell the alpha all over her. An alpha like you should've knew that she was someone else's."
Liam falls his head in shame and we stand there in silence.
"I really want to hit you now, but if I do that again Madeline won't be happy with me." I chuckle as I look at the sky, the blue sky, they look like the colour of Madeline's eyes today or maybe it's just me. "Look Austin, I'm really sorry. It's true I did not think, but I'll make it up to her when she wakes up." He had more problems to worry about, like a very angry alpha. His eyes held great sorrow and regret. "For Madeline's sake, Max and I will try to keep the peace, but Alpha Ethan is your issue to deal with." He nods and We make our way back to the room where Madeline is. Ethan's eyes are still bloodred and I wonder if it's going to change back soon.
I stand next to my brother, I can see he looks troubled."Daniel what's wrong?" He looks at the floor and it could break it would've already.
"I was just to slow, I saw her actions. We all knew it's something she would do, but I was to late. To dahm fucking late!" He punches the wall again while he is crying. I've never seen my brother like this. "It's not your fault."
I give him a hug, "I was suppose to be her first line of defense. I should've been there or atleast follow her, I knew Liam wanted to persue her and yet I let it happen." I could feel my own tears now. "She has to wake up. She just has to."

That night the whole pack was drowned in silence. They learned Madeline is the true Luna, promised to keep it from the counsel. The whole pack was in mourning and if you listened closely, you could hear their prayers to be with their Alpha and Luna.

🌸🌸🌸