Chapter 27

Ethan: Age 30
Madeline: Age 17

"Come on! Keep up, even my grandma could do better!" I was ruff on the training with the future Alpha's, they have to protect and run a whole pack someday afterall, but my mind never wavered away from Madeline.
I look at the gift Madeline baught me when I turned 25 years old for my birthday. It was a simple wolf pendant saying Butterfly's Wolfie.
I am filled with guilt, I was the one who did that to her. I dream about the incident every night, only to wake up shaking and covered in sweat, I even dream where I killed her instantly and I am drenched in her blood and it won't wash off. Some nights I even dream she wakes up, only to call Daniel to find that she was still in a coma.
Suddenly the alarm went off. 'Alpha there is a woman intruding the land, she is running your way.' one of the guards mindlinked me. What is a shewolf doing here?
My wolf was getting restless, what's wrong with him? 'Mate! Mate!' Octavius keep shouting in my head. "Ethan!"
No, it couldn't be, I'm imagining things.
"Wolfie!"
I follow the sound of her voice and there she was, all flustered and out of breath. 'Stand down!' I commanded, I did not need something to happen to her again.
I run over to her, she was crying when she saw me. I couldn't run fast enough to her, I wanted her in my arms. I catched her in my arms as she cried, I cried as well. She was here in my arms, my mate. The electric feeling consumed me, it was more intense now since she could also feel the mate bond. "I'm so sorry Wolfie! I'm so sorry!" She is crying so much. Yet I am the one who should say sorry instead of her. "Shhh, let's go to my room oky." I pick her up, holding her in my arms was perfect. The other men just looked confused, but I didn't care. Madeline was awake and nothing could stop me from being with her right now.

I was holding her on my bed, we didn't say anything. We just drank up the moment of being together. "Why didn't you tell me that I was your mate?" Her voice was ever so soft. "Well, I knew you were my mate the first time I saw you. Your mother and I agreed to keep it from you so you could have some sort of normal life. It wasn't easy, but we had Austin be your guard." Oops,I didn't know of Austin wanted to tell her that herself. Guild filled my again. I couldn't meet her eyes. Her soft warm hands held my face, but I still didn't want to look at her. "Ethan.." Her breath was unsteady. "Look at me." Those beautiful blue eyes. She was my ocean. She pulled me down, her lips felt so soft and warm. It was unlike anything I dreamed of. I pulled her closer to me, pulled her closer to my body. Our lips melting together, fighting for more. I was holding her face as well. I could feel the tears rolling off of her face, but I could feel my own tears.
"I'm sorry.","I'm sorry, I'm sorry.", we cried between our kisses, saying sorry to each other over and over again. I held her as close to me as I could, feeling those sparks. It was soothing. "Ethan, my Wolf." She mumbled against my chest. "What no Wolfie?" She chuckled. "Wolfie was when I was just a silly old girl waiting for her mate. Now, I am just a silly girl who's finally met her mate." Nothing could meet this moment of her being here with me after so long. "You know, I always wondered why I got jealous when some girl would talk about being your mate." I laughed at this. "Oh really." We laughed together, tears stained face in each others arms. "I love you my Butterfly."
"I love you, my Wolf."
She takes a deap breath. "Ethan I need to tell you something important." She now sits in front of me. "Oky, go ahead." She fumbles with her hands and I hold them. "It's oky Butterfly." She gives a faint smile. "Well it is going to sound crazy, but the moon goddess Selene came to me while I was in a coma. She warned me that there will be an attack tomorrow on the camp and that it would have taken you by surprise. She sended me to come and warn you."
This was alot to take in, but I believed her. "Oky, did she say when or how?" She shakes her head. "No, it didn't look like she had alot of time." Shit, and the king's sons are here. "Alright we don't have alot of time so let's get ready. I will need your help love." Her eyes sparkle up. "Anything you need, just tell me what I should do."
We don't have much time till tomorrow, but all I know is that we will be ready, whoemever wants to attack us will not live to see another day. My biggest worry is the kings sons, I can't let anything happen to them.