Part 74

“Oh,” remarked Sid, “I think I can think of eight things.”

  “Go on then,” she challenged, “and not stupid things.”  

  “Erm,” thought Sid, “eight things?”

  “Yes,” she replied.

  “Well then, we could question the gadget man, look at our CCTV footage, keep an eye on the gold market for large transactions, check with army/navy/air force surplus to see if any helicopters have been sold and who to, check the City’s CCTV’s to see if we can see where their base is, travel back in time to stop them coming into our universe with I.W.T’s, check the docks manifestos for imported choppers and question the gadget man.”

  “You said gadget man twice.”

  “Ok, and we could check on Twitter to see if anyone has tweeted seeing a couple of helicopters in an unusual place.”

  The others were stunned, “Wow,” said Arthur, “that was a good list, I think you have covered everything there.”

  “I could try for a nine legged spidergram!” exclaimed Sid.

  “We already have a roomful of ‘unusual’ people, let us keep the spidergram normal,” nodded Arthur. “Right then nine of us to do eight things.” He looked at Fawh, “I tell you what Fawh you can help me.” Then looking round the room he asked, “Anyone have a preference for what they do?”

  “I want to travel back in time,” said Sid.

  “Have you any paradox pills?”

  “No,” replied Sid.