Part 29

“I’ve had this argument with her before, she thinks her school and school rules are more important than emergencies. Tell her I may have to speak to the governors about her attitude and to let Felix come and pick me up, I’ve been in an accident.”

  Squiz looked at him.

  “I mean I have accidentally injured myself… while in a fight against super powered bank robbers. Does that sound better.”

  Squiz relayed the message and the headmistress relented.

  Ten minutes later Felix turned up on a flaming horse.

  “That’s impressive,” exclaimed With, “a flaming horse. It looks like one off your chariot,” he said to the Major.

“It is, most emergencies I can do with two flaming horses so I leave the other two with my dad and Felix so they can use them to fly and travel fast to any emergencies they come across if I am too busy. I only need a full set if I am going off world.”

 Felix, who looked as though he was about fifteen years in age, easily picked up his father and laid him across his own horse. He whispered something into the horses ear, the horse whinnied slightly. He then called the chariot down, “Heearr lads, heearr.” The chariot came to rest on the floor. 

  The two security guards who had been under pressure from the bad guys came to see if the Major was ok. “Is the Major alright? We’ve never seen him beat before. He is one of our favourite heroes you know,” said one of the guards, “loved him since I was a kid.” A tear came to his eye.

You can buy Up and Away on the Kindle from America

http://tinyurl.com/c36z62q

or the UK

http://tinyurl.com/bsrfxbd