Part 28

“Hello, is that you Captain?”

  “Er, yes, who is this?”

  “It’s Squiz from Arthur’s Knights of the Round Table, (that phrase is too long!) your Dad is here and he can’t fly the chariot.”

  “He hasn’t had his hair cut again has he?”

  “No, he tripped and injured himself while he was fighting some criminals.”

  “I’ll see if I can get let off a detention. If I can I’ll be there in ten minutes. If I can’t you’ll have to ring Great Granddad, Field Marshal Holiness.”

  Squiz disconnected then looked at the Major, “Captain said if he can’t make it call the Field Marshal.”

  “No, not my grandfather, he is not really up to it anymore, he is in an old people’s home. This is not that kind of emergency. Ring Felix’s headmistress and ask why he has a detention. The number is under Felix’s headmistress.”

  Squiz dialled again, a woman answered. “Hello,” replied Squiz, “I am ringing on behalf of Major Holiness to ask why Felix has a detention.”

  “Same as usual , he didn’t turn up for school this morning.”

  “Didn’t turn up for school this morning,” whispered Squiz to the Major.

  “What was his excuse?” asked the Major while he rubbed his chin.

  “Could you please tell me what his excuse was?” enquired Squiz.

  “He said he was rescuing three old people from a car that was teetering on a bridge.”

  Squiz again whispered to the Major, “She says he was rescuing three old people who were teetering on a bridge.”

You can buy Up and Away on the Kindle from America

http://tinyurl.com/c36z62q

or the UK

http://tinyurl.com/bsrfxbd