Part 15

At the League's headquarters a droid manned the reception desk. As Arthur and the others walked through the plexi glass doors it greeted them, "Welcome, what can the Lawful League do for you?"

"Hello, I am King Arthur, leader of Arthur's Round Table," announced Arthur.

"Leader of Arthur's Knights of the Round Table," corrected Arianne.

"Ya de ya de ya, as she said, is General Holiness in?"

"No I am sorry Sir, he is at the after speech celebrations at the North Vespucci awards ceremony."

"Mister Super?"

"No."

"Mrs. Super?"

"No."

"Leggo Man, Bumper, Weasel Cat, Biscuit Boy, Innuendo, Crazy Fish, Flying Cone, Dangle Man, Matriana, Jello bird, Winky Stinky, Jamboree, Veluca, King Donny, Scowler, Andy Acrobat or Gemima in?"

"No."

"Oh. Are there any superheroes who belong to the Lawful League here, right now, in this building?"

"I thought I saw Mirage," said the robot, "but it was just a mirage."

"Are you sure?"

"No, not really, you can never tell with Mirage, whether he's real, or, well, a mirage."

"Can you call him to see if he is in the building? At least if you call him and he is not here you would know it is a mirage, so to speak."

The droid spoke into a microphone, "Hello, Mirage, if you are in the building please contact the reception desk, as the League has some visitors."

They waited for a while, Trelainne texted someone on her mobile, Sid swung his axe.

You can buy Up and Away on the Kindle from America

http://tinyurl.com/c36z62q

or the UK

http://tinyurl.com/bsrfxbd