Part 56

One by one, led by Arthur, they walked into the tunnels. They soon came to the place where the goblins had fought the miners.

"Best place for goblins," muttered Sid.

"What," asked Alf, "in a mine under a pile of rocks?"

"Yes, that's what I was going to say. But I was going to make it funnier by using my Scottish accent in a quaint way."

As they looked around they saw that the lower of the three tunnel systems was still safe and had a good amount of gold ore still left in the worked seams.

"All we need now is an underground rail system putting in," leered Sid.

"No place like a dwarf making himself at home," grimaced Alf.

After they had used more modern techniques to mine the gold, within a week they had enough to buy both Arthur and Sid's suits of armour. So Arthur and Sid went back to the gadget man.

"So you have the gold eh?" asked the gadget man, "I thought you might be able to so I started work on one for you."

"Ok," said Arthur, "I want mine to look purple and gold. I want to fly, have titanium armour, pulse weapons, super strength and speed dialling."

"Bossy in't he," said Sid.

"I also have a suit for Sid. It is a child's suit left over from another order," said the gadget man.

"A child's suit," growled Sid, "I ought to flay him alive now."

You can buy Up and Away on the Kindle from America

http://tinyurl.com/c36z62q

or the UK

http://tinyurl.com/bsrfxbd