Part 22

“Common or garden! Is that what you call rescuing a spaceship on the moon?” asked Arianne.

  “That is more run of the mill.”

  “Run of the mill?!! If I had super powers like you I’d think more of them than you seem to.”

  “Don’t get me wrong I am grateful for my powers, but when you are doing these things everyday it becomes normal to you.” He looked over at the Juniors. “By the way, these kids are good at the old detective stuff. You could have asked them, Cybot is a whizz on the computer, Retro Boy not so much.”

  “You didn’t tell us that Cybot?” quizzed Lee.

  “You didn’t ask, typical adult expects information without questions.”

  “Typical teenager, attitude problems,” mentioned Squiz.

  “Ha, you’re not much more than a kid yourself!” retorted Retro Boy.

  “I would like to tell you that I am over 300 years old.”

  The Juniors looked stunned.

  “After all I am an elf.”

  “I wish I looked as good as you in 300 years,” said Invisiralé.

  “Just keep moisturising and keeping fit, and a total clone body change every few years and I’m sure you will.”

  “You are joking aren’t you?” baulked Invisiralé.

  “Of course, moisturising doesn’t do that much for me.”

  “So that means you have a total clone body change every few years?”

  “No, elves cracked the genetic code ageing part millennia ago, we just didn’t share it with man.”

  “Thanks very much, you have been watching us age and die for thousands of years without helping us!”

You can buy Up and Away on the Kindle from America

http://tinyurl.com/c36z62q

or the UK

http://tinyurl.com/bsrfxbd