Prologue

I'd been seeing Lily for therapy for a while now and while seeing her I learned that I wanted to spread my wings. I wanted to stand on my own two feet. I love my guys. I love all nine of them, but I can't stand on my own two feet with them. With the help of Lily and Dr Roberts the Academy made me a legit person. Ghost status can no longer be applied to me. I have a birth certificate as Sang Roberts with a social security card. Dr Roberts has become like a dad to me. He helped me apply to Tulane University so that I can spread my wings and stand on my own feet. Now to explain it to my guys. Owen called for a family meeting and I was scared. I didn't know how they'd take the news that I wanted to do a long-distance relationship with them. I felt it was the only way to stand on my feet.

I arrived for the family meeting a little early but all of them were already there. There was a seat empty by itself which was unusual. Usually they never left an opening so that I'd have to sit on one of their laps. I shrugged and took the seat. It was for the best because they'd be riled up by my news. 

"We'll go ahead and begin the family meeting since everyone is here." Owen said. I nodded my head but was concerned at the guys not meeting my eyes. I looked back to Owen who was the only one meeting my eyes with his steel grey eyes. 

"Sang, this is hard for us, but we've all decided it's in our best interest to break up. We've agreed unanimously." Owen said. I sat there in shock until I heard Meanie snort. 

"If by unanimously you fucking mean forced or it would break up the team then sure it was unanimously." Gabriel said. 

"Mr. Coleman." Mr. Blackbourne said. I didn't even notice that I reverted back to thinking of him as Mr. Blackbourne.

"I digress, we've all decided. Most of us aren't happy anymore. We've realized it was a puppy love but we're ready for a more mature love now." Mr. Blackbourne said. I stood up as that just burnt me. 

"You mean sex? You mean like I've made known I wanted with all you because I love you and trust you? But all of you had this driven need to keep me on some pedestal. Keep me this innocent angel in your eyes and now I'm the one being punished for your need to keep us at a puppy love level as you put it?" I said angrily. I didn't wait for a response. 

"You know what? This is a mutual breakup. I've already spoke with Lilly and realized I wanted to spread my wings and stand on my own two feet but couldn't with all of you. Because of your need to keep me on that pedestal you won't let me grow. I've asserted myself to try to be on my feet, but you always just roll over me. So this is fine. I'm going to go pack my things now. This quote unquote family meeting is over and done with. I'm leaving." I said. 

"Miss Sorenson you can still stay here. We know you don't have a place to stay in." Mr Blackbourne said. I snorted. 

"You actually don't know shit. That's not even my name anymore and I do have a place. Someone else adopted me now I'll be going." I said.

That was how things mutually came to an end between myself and the 9 boys who saved my life. I was 18 and finally able to spread my wings. I would spend my summer seeing different countries starting in France. Then I'd go to New Orleans in mid-August to settle in before the fall semester starts.