EPILOGUE

(WESLEY'S P.O.V.)
     Yellow morning light peered through my bedroom window. My hands shook as I held the phone. I couldn't do this. How was I supposed to start the call? Something along the lines of: "Hey baby, I'm leaving forever, hope we can keep in touch through text?"

Being home along with my parents gone didn't seem like an awfully terrible thing, as I've gotten used to it over the years. It was only when my neighbors began to notice the dysfunction, that they took action. They called my parents, made them understand that they shouldn't and couldn't raise me in this manner. I was going to have to leave and move to my uncle's in Arizona.

Running a hand through my, now longer, hair, I called up the girl that I cared for so deeply. The girl who I loved so much, and missed terribly with all my heart.

The instant the third ring halted and I heard the sweet voice of my girlfriend, my heart melted. "Flora," I rasped out.

There was a long pause on the phone. Twiddling with my thumbs, I patted my foot on the ground repeatedly, something I'd learned to calm down my nerves and anxieties overtime. When she didn't respond, my already hammering heart seemed to sink. I knew her so well, and she never hesitated to greet me joyfully. Finally, she spoke, and my heart stopped.

"Oh Wesley, this is all my fault."
I bit my lip and furrowed my brows. "What... what do you mean?"

Her voice shook on the other line, and almost instantaneously a wave of worry and protectiveness settled for my girlfriend.

"This party, this guy, this whole thing, I was confused, I didn't know what was going on, I don't understand any of this, I don't know, but I love you. And I realize that now, and I don't know why that took me kissing someone else to realize how deeply I do. It was all one huge mistake."

Rage boiled and my previous worries melted into a small panic. "Flora, what the hell are you talking about?" The calm steadiness of my voice surprised me as the sound left my lips.
"Javier..."

"JAVIER? Flora, what happened? When was this?!"

I hated to yell at her, but I hated him. I hated anyone who wanted her too, but I never trusted him in the first place. She leaves for only a little while and this happens? How could she do this to me, and with him of all people."

"It was so stupid," she began. "So stupid... I was confused. I liked him, a little bit. It was this one party, it was only a kiss and I didn't want it at first. I love you Wes, he doesn't mean anything to me. In the morning, I told him, I told him I'd never want to start anything with him and that I was just confused. Please forgive me, I'll never do anything like that again. I love you... I love you so much."

I didn't realize tears were coming down until I felt the drop hit my hand. I saw red. He was was dead, he was so dead. The one thing I love more than anything else in this world.

I peered at the small blue box on my dresser. I had gone out and purchased it with Matthias. A promise ring, so as not to forget me when I leave. Mine was more of a masculine iron design, and hers had a small emerald stone.

"Does he mean anything to you?" I rasped out.

Her response was instant, "no."
"Would you love me through anything?" I asked again.

"Yes, Wesley. I love you with all my heart," her soft voice strained.

"Flora," I sighed.

This was going to have to be said one way or another. "I'm leaving."

The line went dead, and for a second I thought she'd hung up.

"I understand." She said, though it wasn't hard to hear the tears in her voice. I didn't know it was possible for my heart to burn more than it already was.

"No, Flora. I mean, I'm leaving to my uncle's, my neighbor noticed stuff was up. I'm leaving to another state."

She was dead silent, so I continued.

"If what you say is true, and he's a thing of the past, I forgive you. I want to hurt him, so badly. I love you unconditionally, and I want to be with you for a lifetime. I know you were confused, but don't ever hurt me like that again," before I got the next few lines out, I cleared my voice as tears fell silently from my face.

"When you come home, I have something for you. I know we're young, but I want to give you something that will promise we will be together. Nothing this special should break..."

"Wes," her voice was music to my ears.

I interrupted: "Just come home to me, love."