..

Truth was, I did like Dylan. But overall, he was nowhere near as important to me as Wes. I looked at Dylan as more of a friend. Maybe if I'd never met Wes, I'd treat Dylan differently when it came down to it.

I noticed my phone buzzing loudly in my pocket. I briefly looked at Elena, who was now looking at her phone with a small smile on her face. I couldn't tell if she was happy over Dylan or if she thinking about something else. Elena never had an intense look or anything that wasn't closely related to friendliness. It was sweet in a way. Imagining Wes with a friendly expression towards other people was so odd and unrealistic, it was almost funny to picture it.

When I opened my phone, there were a couple of texts from Wes. A felt a surge of excitement as I read each one with anticipation.

I had after school detention for skipping. They let me go to the bus last-minute when I told them there was no way I could be picked up.

That's why I didn't look for u... also promised u would walk with me so I'll be waiting at the head of your neighborhood.

I quickly answered back.

Tsk. U really should stop skipping. And yeah, I'll be waiting for u.

Satisfied, I sent the text before turning off my phone, and shielding it from Elena. She didn't seem to notice, as she was engrossed with something on her own phone.

"Yay!" She said unexpectedly. Her eyes widened and she grinned widely as she traded glances between me and her phone. "My brother is gonna be able to come with my family to Spring Break for Barcelona! And my dad is coming, too. My parents are divorced, so we weren't