.......

experienced anything like this before. I was breathless and desperate to see what he was going to do next.

The sound of a nearby door creaking open had Wes ripping himself from me. It seemed that my consciousness had come back to me as well. A flood of shock, anger, and embarrassment went through me. He glared as the student who had interrupted us. Wes was practically heaving.

To my surprise, a shy-looking girl had stepped outside the classroom. I immediately recognized the frizzy red hair and unmistakable nervous expression.

"Colleen!" I called out. I sounded surprised and for some reason, it felt as though my tone gave away the face that she was interrupting something. Her eyes darted from me to Wes, who was standing a good couple of feet away from me.

He was flustered, and his hair was all messed up. Somehow, it gave him an even more attractive appearance than usual.

Wes continued to glower at the poor girl. "Wes, it's alright" I called gently. We weren't exactly in a private place. There was a huge risk of us being caught by someone. We were lucky it was at least a student rather than a teacher.

Wes then turned his icy eyes towards me. "Just stay away from me, Flora. I can't control myself around you! I'll do something wrong, something bad to you. Please. Leave me alone," he said gruffly. He turned and jogged down the steps. He was probably skipping class. I wondered if that was routine for him. Skipping whenever he felt like it.

I slid down the wall, my heart tearing inside me. Tears shamelessly rolled down my face. Colleen rushed towards me and said next to me. "Are you okay?" She sounded so sweet and kind and for some reason, it just made me cry harder.