.....

definitely think that was the case if I was the teacher. I opened the door quietly. The lesson had just started and everyone was quiet. All eyes shot to me. Ms. Moran scanned me from where she was, writing on the board.

"Flora? What took you so long?" She sounded more curious and not how a regular teacher would've reacted. "I had to use the bathroom," I lied. Ms. Moran nodded slowly. I could tell she was a bit skeptical, but nonetheless, she simply waved her manicured hand towards my table. I took my seat next to the girls and pulled out a pencil and sheet of paper. We were currently taking notes.

I didn't interact with the girls at all. We were all engrossed with the lesson. So much so, I had completely forgotten about Wesley outside. I only remembered when the door slowly opened and said person walked in.

Wes didn't look a single bit embarrassed. He didn't even have that small blush on his face that he'd worn when he talked to me. Ms. Moran cleared her throat softly as Wes looked directly at her as if waiting for directions on what to do next. His expression was serious and almost piercing. We were all intently looking at Wesley, waiting for the next move.

"Where have you been, Wesley?" Ms. Moran spoke. It was different towards him. Kind of like how a person would be rougher on a child who is needs more discipline than the other. Or maybe Ms. Moran thought she should be more direct since Wesley wore a no-nonsense expression. "I was dropped off late," Wes lied easily. "I missed the bus." Ms. Moran nodded. "Okay, Wesley. Take the seat next to Jake." Wes glanced around the room before his eyes found mine. His expression softened for a split second before Jake interrupted. "I thought you missed another day of school, Hartmann. Glad you're here." Wes smiled at Jake slightly. It looked