...

sure if he'd be able to come. I'm so happy! I almost thought it was just gonna be me and my mom!"

Her dark eyes widened and crinkled as she rambled on. It was hard not to feel excited for her when she expressed happiness so easily.

I vaguely remembered Janet saying something about going to Spain with Elena. "Oh, are you gonna take Janet?" I asked, smiling. Elena grinned. "Yeah. I get to use an extra ticket for a friend. I'd totally invite you as well, Flora. I've just known Janet longer."

I gave her an of-course look. "Duh. But have fun! I wish my family went on vacation more often," I said. Elena's genuine, happy smile turned into a half-hearted sad frown. "You won't have me there at school. Who's going to walk with you to study hall or spend time with you t lunch? Other than Dylan of course," Elena added at the end with an exaggerated smirk.

"And you better not use that opportunity to spend more time with Wesley!" I shook my head frantically. "Don't worry, Elena. By the way, my stop is here. See you," I smoothly said, then began walking down the aisle and off the bus.

As the bus drove away, I stood rather impatiently at the head of my neighborhood. My mind raced at the thought of seeing Wes again. I didn't have to wait long. His bus came, and he got off along with two other students who I assumed were freshmen. But rather than Wes going to his neighborhood, he immediately looked to me from across the street and began jogging to coming toward where I was standing.

My heart raced and I grew more excited the closer he was getting. "Flora, I'm glad you didn't ditch me," he said jokingly, but I could tell he was happy by the way his face lit up as he smiled at me. I laughed lightly as we began walking towards my house.