Chapter 2

Chapter 2

To say Ms. Crenshaw was a boring teacher would be an understatement. It was as if her voice was permanently monotonic. The middle-aged woman's expressions never changed either. I was hoping she was maybe having a bad day or something along those lines. It'd be extremely disappointing to have my first class be this much of a bore for the rest of the year.

The first part of the class wasn't too bad. She took attendance and almost everyone looked and me when she called my name, causing me to blush heavily. I got nervous being the center of attention. We then started our history lesson shortly after. Teachers usually spent the first day learning about the students or discussing what we were going to learn later in the year. I then remembered that I was, in fact, arriving in the middle of the year.

After attendance, we were told to open our textbook to page three immediately. Everyone sighed slightly. I already knew I was going to have a lot of homework today. Maybe it was a bad idea to take all honors classes.

After reading fifteen pages of the book and analyzing the information, class was done. Janet gave a small smile and muttered a 'see you later.' Good. I was making progress. We hadn't said a word to each other during the lesson. I think she was either really studious or really quiet.

I wasn't exactly very chatty either. Picking up my backpack, I rushed out the room and smiled at Ms. Crenshaw. I wanted to make a good first impression.

My next class was Geometry Honors which was upstairs. I scurried quickly further down the main hall, avoiding students as they passed. It was far from Ms. Crenshaw's. I couldn't spot Elena anywhere, or Janet, or Colleen. The halls were crowded and loud, making me uncomfortable. I now can see how Janet might have felt at the beginning of History with all the other students chatting noisily. It was nice in a way to sit in the back, away from everyone else. I hope I didn't bother her by ruining the space. She didn't seem to mind at all to me.

Once I went upstairs and reached the classroom, I noticed that everyone was waiting outside the room. The teacher must've been late. I didn't know anyone in line. I mean, I only really knew three people. Two acquaintances and one kind-of friend. Elena and I had just met but she already seemed to like me a lot. I was starting to think that she probably did that to everyone. Made them feel special. I was probably just someone interesting since I was new to the school.

I was being ignored for the most part. Girls would continue talking with their own cliques, barely batting an eye towards me. I hated to admit it but it kind of bothered me.

A young teacher with vibrant-colored clothing and a head full of blonde hair bounded towards us from down the hall. "I'm here!" She said excitedly. There was no way this was our teacher. She looked fresh out of college. With her tight shirt, and legs that went on for miles. I could tell that she's probably the hot teacher of the school. Her sugary tone accented it all.

One tall guy grinned dumbly to the woman. "Not a problem, Ms. Denise." He didn't sound too flirty but he didn't sound very professional either. This must be one of those rare cases where a teacher actually prefers to be called by their first name.

"Jake, I've told you before. I'm Ms. Moran." Oh. Maybe not. She sounded kind and gentle and almost as if she was trying to discipline a baby rather than a teenage boy trying to flirt with his math teacher. A few of Jake's friends snickered.

She unlocked the door and everyone flooded inside. Except me of course. Ms Moran instructed told me to stand in front of the class for a bit to introduce myself.