...

I put my binders down on the floor shakily, preparing myself for any comments that may be less than kind. After a few seconds of silence, the blonde girl spoke up.

"Who's she?" She asked, her voice a cross between petty and shocked. It sounded annoying and a bit out of place. I probably shouldn't have come to sit with Wes. I was already regretting it.

"This is Flora," Wes said back, glaring at her a bit. "She's new here and I invited her to sit with us at lunch." The blonde girl sighed exaggeratedly. "Fine. She's going to sit next to someone else, though. I'm not for having new people sitting at our table. So no offense, Flora," she said, rolling her beady blue eyes. Wes's glare at the girl intensified. I felt hurt and unaccepted. I'd never done anything wrong to her, so why would she be mean to me? I was interrupted from my thoughts when the ginger girl tapped my shoulder lightly. "Hey, my name's Lauren. Your name is really pretty," she said softly. Lauren seemed kind and her tone helped fix my mood a bit. I smiled back. The two guys smiled at me as well. They were both cute, and I was sure that was the reason that they must've been popular. I had no doubts this was the popular group.

The one with black hair introduced himself. His name was Hunter and he had a low voice. The second was named Parker. His hair was tousled and his cheeks were slightly rosey. He seemed like a pretty boy. Wes tensed up beside me when Parker looked at me a bit longer than usual.

It seemed as though as attention was on the blonde girl now, waiting for her to speak next. She looked at me briskly. "Riley," she said curtly. I tried to give her a smile, but she was already looking back at Wes. An unfamiliar emotion went through me as I watched her look away, at Wes. She hadn't looked away from him for the short time I've seen her.