...

In case aggressiveness makes you uncomfortable and you want to skip, Javier pins down Flora briefly in this scene to prove he's "stronger" than her. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His eyes flicked over to mine. It felt like he was looking through me. "I was thinking I could show Flora around the house?" Javier said softly. His voice contrasted when he spoke at school so much, I wondered if that was really him saying that.

Elena acted as if she had caught onto something. "Okay," she said, a small smile playing on her lips. "I'll just stay here," she added. Did she think Javier liked me? By the sound of it, it'd probably make her happy if he did.

"I'll come back soon, Elena," I said quietly and walked out with Javier. He closed the door once we were out. "I'm taking you to my room," he stated, back to his original rough, condescending tone. "I didn't know Elena was your sister," I said as I followed Javier down the stairs. He quickly led me down another hall and opened a white door leading down birch wood steps.

"Yeah, well, I didn't know you were Wesley's girlfriend," he seemed irritated as he said it. I didn't say anything, even as my heart fluttered.

The basement was pretty average compared to the rest of the house. It had an extra kitchen, a few tables. Some closed off doors were here and there. Javier's door was just next to the staircase.

When he swung open the door, I was hit with a sandalwood scent. The room was monochromatic, with white walls and furniture and a black bed and lamp. The floor though, was birch like the rest of the basement.

Javier sat on his bed, leaning against the board. "Come here," he motioned for me to sit beside him. I reluctantly got onto his bed, immediately sinking slightly into the mattress. I sat on the other side of the queen-sized bed. I'd feel guilty if I went any closer.

He sighed, tugging my wrist so that my body would move closer. "What are you doing?" I gasped. "Moving you closer, there's no reason you have to be all the way over there." He said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I huffed. "Why did you want me down here?" I asked. Javier's jaw ticked. "I'm curious about you," he finally said. I arched a brow."Why?"

"A lot of reasons. First, you're Wesley's first girlfriend. What exactly did you do to win him over?" His voice was smooth and intimidating all at once.

"Nothing in particular. It just happened. I'm in love with him," I said, smiling to myself. It was true, I adored him. Javier clenched the black blankets tightly in his hand. "Are you sure he won't end up using you? You're making this too easy for him. And honestly, do you really think he wants you just because of who you are? I hate to break it to you, but you're nothing special."

His words pierced my heart. I refused to believe it. Wes loved me, and I loved him. "Why do you care about what I do with Wes?" I said, anger tinging my voice.

Javier seemed as if he was trying to hold back what he was going to say. "Like I said, just curious. Oh and Flora?" I sighed as he ended his sentence in a sweet tone. "What?"

He flipped me over pinning me to the bed. I gasped as his hands kept mine in place. My heart beat rapidly for many reasons, most I didn't understand.

"See how easily I can hold you down? You're not any stronger than I am, so you shouldn't try acting so strong." He released me then, as if my skin had burned him. I frowned at him.

I tried to calm my breathing. What was that reaction I had just then? "You're welcome to leave now," Javier said edgily. I crossed my arms and saw my way out and back to Elena. All I had to do now is try to erase that incident from my brain.