Phase Twenty-Two: She's So Stealthy, pt. 2

George didn't normally use her wolf-based abilities very much, but when she did, she made sure that it counted in spades.

And the surprised look on his face let her know it did just that.

She set him for this - and she didn't regret it either.  Both she and her wolf were in a playful mood, eagerly hoping for his arrival, and when she somehow felt his presence step into the library, it took quite a bit to hold back the excitement building inside her.  It also took quite a bit to stop her from going down there and punching that old cow Florence in the face after speaking so disrespectfully to her mate.

No wonder she has five ex-husbands.

George listened to his footsteps intently as he moved closer and closer to her office, only sneaking when he was just around the corner.  From across the room, she watched as he walked into her office, as she thought she would.  Oh sure, if her door was closed, he'd just sit beside the door, waiting for her return.  No, she had a feeling that if she left the door ajar, curiosity would get the better of him, and he'd want to take a look inside...

Which is exactly what he did.

He took inventory of her sparse office, noting her lack of personal effects.  That was intentional of course - as a city wolf, she had to do everything in her power to keep her secret, and personal effects had ways to contradicting that.  Besides, she didn't want anyone prying into her past.  Frankly, it was nobody's business, and she didn't need reminders anyway.  The one family photo she had left was quite enough, and it would remain sitting on to of her living room mantle, a sepia memento of happier days.

One day, I promise to give you all sorts of memories to bring here, Georgia...There was something about those words that went straight to her heart, warming up the walls of ice that stood firm.  Wouldn't that be nice - someone to call your own, to fill your life with happy memories until time and times were done?  There would never be fear of loss or abandonment, and there would never be fear of loneliness or walking this earth alone again.

She might have been stubborn, but secretly, it was what she wanted - what every wolf wanted.

A few moments more, and Georgia sprang into action.  Making sure that no one else was near by, she made her way to her office, speedy enough to remain undetected.  While his back was still turned, she stepped inside, closing the door.  The moment he spun around, she moved again, getting to her desk just as he reached the door.  She was a tad afraid of bumping into him, as her office was so small, but somehow she made it work.

We so clever, her wolf yipped in approval.  We play with mateIt fun!

George knew she accomplished her goal when she saw that look on his face.  She certain that if he wore a pair of Depends underwear, he'd allowed himself to pee in his pants because he was just that shocked to see her there.  She couldn't help but smirk as she walked over to him, pleased that she could keep him on his toes.

This is for freaking me how in nothing but a towel, she thought, amused.

As he sputted her reasons for being there and his apologies, she placed her finger on his lips, quieting him.  There was something about looking into his eyes and feeling his lips pursed against her finger that made her blood run hot.  Or maybe it was that her body was pressed against his ever so lightly.  Or maybe still, it was the sound of his quickened heartbeat vibrating in her ears, or that rich scent filling her nostrils.

In any case, if these were the perks of trying, then she could get used to this.

"Now, I want you to listen to be very cafefully, Julian," she whispered softly, keeping her eyes on him.  "If you can do that, then I can forgive you for sneaking into my office, and I'm quite sure that you'll like what I have in mind.  You can do that for me can't you?"