Epilogue Phase: We're Golden, pt 1.

• Dedicated to all of you who read my story :)

Six Weeks Later

Come hell or high water, she would make her escape from that man tonight.

Sophie sat in bed, legs hugged to her chest, determined.  She wouldn't be swayed by the inviting aroma of bacon and eggs or the happy tune whistled in good cheer.  She wouldn't allow her heart to flutter knowing that he was only two rooms away, making her breakfast-in-bed as he always did.  

No, she had to keep her eye on the prize.  She was brought here against her will - she was a prisoner, damn it.  Sure, she may have been been a prisoner wrapped in 1500 count Egyptian cotton sheets, but she was still a prisoner.

It had only been six weeks, but it felt like she'd been trapped here forever.  She couldn't remember how she got here, as it was all a blur.  One minute, she was on the cliff, begging for her life, and the next minute, she woke up in this spacious apartment, excited green eyes staring into her bewildered blue ones.  

"Welcome to you new home, my love."  Sophie could still remember how he managed to say that with a straight face.  "I'm so glad I found you.  I'm going to make you so happy!"

Whatever the hell he was smoking, she wanted no part of it.

She later discovered that his name was Jesse Peterson, and that he was a buyer for a bookstore at the local community college.  He enjoyed working out, a run in the morning, a run before coming home, and a run at night - definitely a run at night.  He was a bit of a foodie and enjoyed cooking her lots of delicious things.   He really liked the moon, especially a half moon.  There was something about a half of a moon ina sky that made Jesse a bit more animated than usual.  And for some reason, he hid a bottle of flea remover at the back of the sink - a bottle he thought she wasn't aware of. 

But she was all too aware of it.  After all, it took a special kind of crazy to declare your undying love to a woman you stole off into the night with.

Even worse, this fool was nowhere near her type - like, not even close.  He was kind of a nerd, for one.  He had the rectangular black frames that screamed "I am S-M-A-R-T, rawr!" or "I'm intelligent, but I'm also a bit of a hipster as well" - totally unattractive.  He liked reading books and watching Doctor Who, and was always coming to her, trying to teach her some useless fact she'd forget about ten minutes later.  He was so annoying - were all nerds this annoying?  It didn't matter if he had a well-chiseled six-pack, corded thighs, and a holy grail of a tight ass, the likes of which she'd never seen before and just wanted to reach out and squeeze...

What the hell?  Sophie cursed herself, biting her lip.  There she went, thinking about him like that again!  That was really annoying.

Look, he was a nice guy and all, but she didn't want to be trapped in a place like this with him, she wanted to leave.  She told him that not two seconds after she regained consciousness and even tried to make her way out.  But he wouldn't allow her to leave.  She was to stay there with him - that was the rule.  He was upfront - if she were to ever go home, her life would be over.  She would die the minute she set foot back into town.  On one hand, the words didn't seem so stranger, coming from a handsome kidnapper.  But there was something within that told her it was much more than that.  Jesse may have kept her here, but there was no sinister bone in his body.  And those hazel eyes, so sweet and kind, seemed genuine, as though he were trying to protect her from something terrible...

As crazy as it sounded - she believed him.

He loved her - he said that over and over again.  He told her that as much as he hated to see her so sad, she could never go home because he couldn't bear to see anything terrible happen to her.  He'd been waiting for her all his life, and now that he found her, he would do everything to make her happy and take care of her every desire and every wish.  If in the future there was a way to help her, he would gladly do it, but for now, it was better for her to stay with him.