Phase Thirty-Nine: Madness in Apartment G, pt 1 (edited)

Ba-dump.

George focused on keeping her feet firmly on the ground, even as her heart slammed against ribcage and threatened to knock her off her feet.  She gritted her teeth as Dominic entered the living room, eyes wild and golden in madness.  The rushed, violent chorus of two frightened mortal heartbeats reminded her for the task at hand - protecting her mate and his roommate from the possible onslaught of a jealous, angry werewolf.

Her mate and his roommate, who was apparently her best friend's mate - a fact that she'd just discovered a few moments ago.

Fuck my life, she chanted in her head over and over again.  Fuck my life.

George had fought so hard to keep her lupine life and her human life separate from Julian, except for the few occasion breaks of composure.  While she knew she'd stirred up Julian's curiosity with every break, things would eventually blow over in the end.

But there was no getting out of this one. 

Things were about to get real.

And if things really got out of hand, she'd have no choice but shift right before their eyes.

George prayed that it wouldn't get to that - there would be no time to take off her clothes, and she was particularly fond of this dark gray hoodie and bootcut jeans.  But if Dominic couldn't be tamed, but she was prepared to do anything to protect the humans.

Either way, this man had a ton of explaning to do when all was said and done.  Again, fuck my life.

"You two are to stay behind me, and you are not to move."  Her voice was quiet and terse.  "If any of you make a move, you'll have me to deal with.  If you want to get out of this alive, you will do as I say."

"What the hell is wrong with him?"  Liam cried out, terror and guilt within his voice.  While she could have killed him herself for instigating all this, she also felt sorry for him.  "And why are his eyes gold?  I thought they were blue."

"He's not exactly himself right now."  While truer words were never spoken, it was also the understatement of the year.  "You running away didn't help matters."

"Why not?  What the hell is wrong with him?"

"Let's just say that this is kind of like his time of the month - though it only happens once for a month.  He's temperamental, territorial, and borderline batshit insane.  And now that he's seen you with someone else, he's about as dangerous as a stripper on Jerry Springer with a chair."

"So does this mean he's going to try to kill us?"  Liam sounded like he lose his crap at any moment.  I don't want to clean that up!  "Oh my God, we're going to die, aren't we?"

"Not if I can't help it.  Now, just shut up and let me do my thing."  George took one step forward, spreading out her arms.  "Hi there, Dominic.  It's been a while, hasn't it?  How's it going?"

The other wolf didn't say anything.  He didn't even bother to look at George.  Instead, his eyes were trained on the two humans behind her, lips curled back in anger with nostrils flared in disgust.  Bile burned at the line of her throat as she realized that he was preparing to attack, maybe even shift.  While her wolf readied itself for battle, George felt like she was going to be sick.

"Mine!" Dominic seethed in a low growl that was inhuman as it was grating.  "You're with my mate? Why are you with my mate?  He's mine!"

"Take it easy, Dominic."  George could do nothing to conceal her anxiety.  "We're all friends here, right?  Besides, you know that Julian is with me right?  Besides, their just roommates - "