Seventh Phase: Dress to Impress

George was going to get up today.

George was going to get up, get dressed, and go the library, as normal.

She was going in to help out in the library for a bit, check her voicemail for messages, and a few other menial tasks she was too tired to think of.

And then she would efficiently handle her meeting with Julian Chang - she would greet him, give him the list of sources she compiled in the dead of night, and send him on his way - five minutes, tops.

And then he'd go on with his life and work on his paper and get the grade he desired.

And she'd on with her life, supported by Dominic, but otherwise going at it alone.

Yeah - that's how it would go.  It was already settled.  All she had to do was get out of bed and take the first step to a finish this already pre-destined day.

Yep.  That's how it would go.  Everything would be fine, and once the meeting was over, everything would go back to normal.

Yip, yip, yip, yip!  You bad liar.  Baaaaaad liar.

That damn wolf.  Always thinking that she knew everything.  Seriously, what did she know, anyway?  She's a wolf - just a wolf.  What do wolves know beyond the hunt, the senses, and in a traditional sense, the pack?

Know more than you.  Growling.  My mate.  Mine.  He no go away.  He stay.  Always stay - no go.

"We've been through this before," George began quietly.  "And we've been wrong before.  You're insane if you think I'm going through this again."

Whatever.  Mine. My mate!  Mine!  He no go away.  Never.  Mine.  Not changing mind.  Mark him now!

"I will do so such thing, and you can't force me to.  I am firm on this.  Besides, it's me that controls you, remember?"

The wolf barked.  Wolf a strong wolf - wolf has her ways.  Wolf will have her mate.  You like or not like, wolf will have mate!

"And I told you, I'm not going through this again.  Whether you like it not, I'm not going to pursue this.  The last thing I want is to get bit in the ass aga -"

"OWWW!!"  The searing pain on her back sent her flying out bed and face-first onto the floor with a hard thud.  The wolf within yipped happily as George got up from the floor, rubbing a sore spot on her posterior.  "What the hell?  Did you just bite me?!  Is that even allowed?"

George swore she heard her wolf laughing.  My mate!  Mine!  Will have mate!  You no say no!

She groaned as she made her way to a nearby mirror.  Sure enough, after a bit of twisting and turning, she found - a red bite mark on her back.  Holy crap - the damn soul of wolf actually gave her a physical bite somehow!  Seriously, how the hell does that even work.

Wolf told you - wolf strong wolf.  Like mama wolf.  Like nana wolf.  Strong wolf - strong bite.

George sighed in defeat, heading for the shower.  This day...wasn't starting out very well all thanks to mating and wolf geneology.  "Fuck my life."

------

Julian did not want to get up today.

After last night, he wasn't sure if wanted to get up every again.

That Sophie.  That...that Sophie.

That's all he could say to describe what the hell last night was.