Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt. 3

Author's Note:  I don't dance the Argentine Tango, and this scene comes from looking at countless videos for the past month.  To those who dance the tango - and to those readers who live in Buenos Aires who consider themselves milongueros - my deepest apologies for any and all inaccuracies.  -BN

------

The moment the first nine strong staccato notes rang out across the ballroom floor, the anticipation that crackled in the air warned all who felt its electric tendrils that this would be a tango like no other.

A hush fell upon the three other spectators as the she-wolf and her mate circled each other, prepared to dance the passionate dance known also as el juego de seducción.  Her eyes glowed with playful defeat.  She knew she would was destined to follow, but she was not destined to submit - not completely.  His eyes were firm and full of confidence - even if he would lead, even if in the end he would have her completely in his control, he would sure as hell enjoy the journey and her attempts to prolong the envitable, that's for damn sure.

The chemistry that bubbled between then threatened to boil over the moment their bodies touched - his left arm firmly wrapped around her waist, his right hand entwined with hers as the piano played its livey flourish.

Seven strong notes played once more.  The music filled up from the tips of their toes to the swell of their hearts, and the two of them began their tango.  No speaking was needed - the codigos forbid it, and in the gurgle of their chemistry, they managed to communicate.  The feet began to dance the ocho step in time with the music, twirling and giving pause to the music as if they weren't improvising along the way, as if they'd been dancing together for years.

No one dared to make a sound as the music quieted its sycopated beat, the couple swivvling their steps together before coming back to that timely eight step, dancing slowly, easily to the music.  The couple their eyes on each other, but not really - to stare deeply meant to admit defeat and neither one was prepared to do just that.  But then first rush of strings lead to his first move, his first display of dominance, the mordida leading into a side colgada - sandwiching her foot in between his as she crossed over, her look of surprise amused him as she leaned to this side, his arms her own means of balance.

You clever boy, she spoke through her eyes.

I'm just getting started, his eyes promised, smug with confidence.

The she-wolf leaned back onto her axis, tapping to the beat of the accordion as he once again embraced her.  She wouldn't allow him to get away with it - after all, she did vow to make things interesting for him.  Like a good little pup, she followed, embellishing her movements with boleos - high, low, and flashy.  When the music rushed toward it's next crescendo, she didn't hesitate.  With a caress of his leg and a flicker of mischief in her eye, her foot was hooked around his leg, and with the last cry of music, she was twirled around to his front.  She felt his whole body shudder as her chest moved down, then up the length of his body in quite possibly the most sensuous corte anyone had ever seen.

Not so smug now, are you?  Her eyes stated emphatically.

This dance isn't over yet.  His eyes still held their confidence - but the smugness had disappeared. 

Oh, I know.  I've got plans for you.

Seven notes - and her leg was between his, taunting him.

Seven notes more - and he'd returned the favor.

Gliding together, playing nice, they continued to keep the crowd engaged with their brilliant dancing, no one them ever wanting to turn away for a second.  The elegant yet raw sensuality that radiated from their bodies was like a beacon, beckoning curious souls from the first floor to come and see what the fuss was about. But for the she-wolf and her mate were completely unawares, already too deep in their dance, their game of seduction.