Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 2

Author's Note:  Okay, this is the one time where I really wish I could post more than one song.  I went through a lot of trouble to find the perfect tango songs for the dances in this part of Phase Nineteen.  So I will add the song for a certain couple's tango, but otherwise, I'll just tell you what they are now so you can look them up on Youtube and maybe listen to them as they dance in the story.

-Dominic and George - Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)/Gotan Project
-Background (Full Dance Floor) style Milonguero Music - La Milonga de Buenos Aires/Franciso Canaro and Ernesto Fama

-A Certain Couple's Tango - Este es El Rey (This is the King) - Juan D'Arienzo

There is one song I haven't revealed, but don't worry.  You'll been seeing that later.  Now without further ado, let's get this started.  It's going to be a longer part because there's a lot that needs to happen!  -BN

------

She wished she hadn't turned around.

At first, George thought she was hearing things - something that normally happens with one blessed with sensitive hearing.  She thought that she might be crazy, hearing that quiet yet familiar male voice call her name and whisper about how beautiful she looked.  She couldn't help herself - her ears perked up, and her eyes went searching, the need to find the voice overpowering the need to focus on Dominic and the dance floor.

Her eyes met his instantly, and the excited howl that ripped from her wolf's throat confirmed what she might have tried to deny.

Julian.

Julian was here, at the milonga.

And he was looking so damn fine dressed is black - NO!  She wouldn't go there.

And that shady girl was right there beside him - but she'd get back to that lady.

MI --

Shut it, dog!  I don't want to hear it!

This was bad, this was very bad!  How the hell did he end up here?  And why did it seem like fate was so keen to keep bringing them together?  This was supposed to be her night to just enjoy herself and let go - to distance herself from all the crazy thrown at her ever since she discovered her "mate" five days before.

But with the way her wolf was yipping and scampering around, that wasn't bloody like to happen.

"Loba."  Dominic's whisper managed to break through the mania of her mind.  She looked over to him still on the other side of dance floor, staring at her concerned.  "You okay?"

She shook her head, gesturing over to Julian's table.  "No," she whispered so quietly, it was as though she mouthed the words.  "He's here."

Dominic quickly glanced over, offering her a kind smile.  "Ah, I see.  But if will be all right, loba.  Just focus on me, all right?"

George looked over to Julian then, who still stared at her dreamy eyes.  It didn't take long for the warmth of his stare to warm her body.  He must really like what he sees, because I know I do...no, wait, what am I thinking?  I need to focus on this dance!  I refuse to make a fool of myself!

She turned her gaze toward Dominic, who gave her another reassuring smile.  You can do this, loba.  Now, come on, let's dance."

"Okay," she whispered back.  With a deep breath, she flared out the skirt of her dress, sitting down the dance floor, putting on her best angelic expression.  I'll do my best to get through this dance...and then I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.