Phase Forty-Two: Purring on the Job

Though he'd been blessed with an easy-going personality, Dominic was very difficult to deal with it turned out he'd been right about something.

Okay, George admitted it - he was right about the whole mate thing.  She just needed to trust in the bond, have faith in love, and all that other stuff she'd tell herself if she weren't so annoyed.  But did he need to harp on her about being right from the beginning, especially here at work? 

Como chingas...

Kicking him out was impossible.  Whenever Dominic came around, he had the support of all her co-workers - the female ones in particular.  Sending him away to do her work was not an option.  They'd swarm her in her office and not-so-subtly inquire as to why their delicious piece of eye candy left and when he would come back - the sooner the better.

Como chingas.

"Are you sure you're the same Georgia, mi loba?"  His voice may have been sweet as honey, but the subtle-yet-sharp barbs weren't lost on her.  "One month before, you were telling me about how you weren't interested in a mate and how you were okay being on your own.  Now, looking at you, sporting a big ass hickey on your neck, two steps away from being deflowered finally."

"Is there a point to this story, Dom?"  Staring at her computer screen was the only way to keep her from bonking him upside the head.  "I thought the plan was to go have lunch on your precious day off.  If you were going to just use your energy to taunt me, you'd have been better off staying home with Liam."

"Even pups like me need to get some fresh air once in a while."  George rolled her eyes, shuddering.  Her wolf on the other hand, jumped up in excitement.  He have right idea. Mate with mate always good idea!  "Besides, I'm not so possessive that I keep him chained to a bed all day for my own personal pleasure.  I mean, he gets chained, just not all day - "

"Yeah, I'm going to have to cut you off right there."  She felt like she wanted to throw up, and they hadn't even headed off for lunch yet.  "First of all, your bedroom is your business, not mind.  Second, you are not a pup, and you haven't been for a very long time."

"Bitch, I'm young as fuck.  I could pass off for a student if I wanted to, just like you."

"Yeah, but then you'd have all of my co-workers and then some on your back, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that."  Smirking at his wrinkled nose, George stood up for her desk, grabbing her purse.  "In any case, I'm hungry, and you're buying.  So, let's..."

Julian...  The familiar, comforting scent wafted from the door way, her wolf beside itself.  Standing at the door way, papers tucked into his hand, his eyes didn't bother to conceal his love for her, even as he glanced over to Dominic warily.  "Sorry to bother you - is this a bad time?"

"Mr. Chang, what a surprise."  Keeping things professional was a must, but that didn't lessen her desire to run into his arms.  "How can I help you today?"

"I actually came by to thank you for all the help...George."  It's been a long while since he's had to call me that.  Probably can't stand it.  Hell, it's weird for me to hear it.  "I also wanted to say I'm sorry for the last time I was in here.  I was completely out of line, and I can assure you that will never happen again."

"D-Duly noted."  Never mind that she'd already forgotten about that, especially after that tango.  "Water under the bridge, Mr. Chang.  No worries."

"I'm glad to hear that."  Dominic wouldn't stop cheesing, obviously pleased by their clandestine acts of affaction.   "Anyway, I was wondering if I could talk to you for just a moment - alone, please?"