Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt. 1

Author's Note: I have a paper due next week, so this chapter (the second to last) will be in three parts. This is the first. I will update the other two as soon as I can. I will also say that while the title is a big clue, please refrain from saying anything about it/spoiling it for now. Thanks! - B.N.

------

It was at that particular moment that George realized that Sophie could possess a scent much more pungent and terrible than one she had normally.

Powerful. Heady. Rank. Threatening - her rage

And not just any rage - a ridiculous, unheard of rage.

But she wasn't supposed to be anger. She was supposed to be scared.

Terrified, even.

This was no expected at all - but maybe it should have been. It was Sophie, after all.

And Sophie was no doubt a crazy bitch.

Even as she stood before her, ready to kick her teeth in, George was unsettled. It wasn't that she didn't understand where Sophie was coming from - she did. If the tables were turned and Sophie was hovered over her with Julian's soiled t-shirt clenched in her hands, the wolf would be out and there wouldn't be much of that crazy bitch left when all was said and done. But she wasn't expecting this. Humans, for all their anger, had nothing on werewolves. If those tawdry werewolf movies got anything right (and they mostly didn't) it was how the wild beasts easily fucked shit up in the midst of their uncontrollable rage.

She definitely wants to fuck me up, George thought as her uneasiness grew. Too bad I want to fuck her up more.

Still, the anger that swirled within her eyes gave her caution. Sophie was human - her scent, however warped and disgusting it was, was still very human. But the anger she exuded was anything but.

-Dis bitch cray-cray-, her wolf growled, teeth bared and ears pulled back. -She no good, she no good. Be careful.-

"Aww, what's the matter, Sophie?" George taunted. "Aren't you happy to see me? I'm happy to see you."

"What have you done with Julian?" Sophie spat again, voice hard and sharp as nails. George's smirked deepened as she tried to ignore the shiver down her spine. "Tell me what you've done to him!'

"Sophie, honey, does it really need saying?" George waved to shirt in Sophie's face before tossing it onto the floor. Sure, wild, quickie sex between devoted mates was the reason for its abysmal condition, but she didn't need to know that. "He got exactly what he deserved, just as you're about to get what you deserve, right now."

"He didn't deserve anything!" Sophie hugged the shirt to her chest, eyes brimming with tears. "He didn't deserve what happened to him."

"I beg to differ." It wasn't a complete lie. After keeping his anger in check, fooling Sophie, and pulling of a perfect bait-and-switch, the passions they shared was exactly what he deserved. Again, she didn't need to know that. "But I guess, it doesn't matter now, does it?"

"It matters to me!" Sophie said through clenched teeth. "He picked me! He saw how much I loved him and he picked! I was going to show him how much I loved him before you ruined it!"

"Huh? I guess I did him a favor then," she snickered. "We both know that he could have never been happy with someone so delusional and fucked up in the head. But I guess we'll never know for sure, now will we?"

"You jealous fuckin' whore!" George steadied herself, showing no emotion even as her uneasiness increased. That's odd - usually her wolf would have demanded Sophie's blood on its fur. But the wolf was defensive. It was ready to take whatever Sophie dished out, but it couldn't ignore its suspicions, either. "You're just mad that he chose me! He left you and chose me!"