Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 1.

Note:  The picture on the side is how I imagine George's dress to look like, only instead of it being full length, it would stop a few inches below her knees and would flare out to be more a-line.  I love the vintage look!  Also, I posted the song "Blue Jeans" by Lana del Rey because the music that plays at the very beginning is the music I hear when Julian and George's eyes lock from across the room.  -BN

There ain't no reason you and me should be alone tonight, yeah baby, tonight, yeah baby!

Her hair was straightened and silky, worthy of a hair product commercial on daytime TV.

His physical bruises were completely healed. His ego, however, was a different story.

The final rehearsal behind them, and the sweat they worked up while rehearsing washed away with another (much warmer) shower, George slipped into Dominic's sleek black Lexus and they sped off into the night for the much-anticipated milonga.

George didn't hesistate to put Lady Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" up on full blast. The two of them sang it word-for-word as though they were auditioning for one of those musical tv shows. Dominic stole a few proud glances as his dear loba sung her heart out, letting her inhibitions go and allowing herself to enjoy the moment.

It's hard to feel the rush - To push the dangerous
I'm gonna run right to, to the edge with you
Where where can both fall far in love

"Sing it girl!" he cheered on with a wide smile. "Sing it like you're on 'American Idol'! 'Cause you know I can't!"

"You're aren't that bad a singer, Dominic," George said with a giggle.

"Say that again, only look me in the eye this time." George tried, looking him straight in the eye. But no words came out of her mouth - only giggling. She looked away bashfully, covering her mouth. "Umhm, I thought so!"

"Sorry, Dominic," George managed through her giggles. "I did try, though."

"Yes, you did, loba, and I appreciate it. But now let's try to focus on how much ass we're going to kick at the milonga tonight, okay?"

"Damn straight!" she chirped happily. No matter what happened at the milonga, it would be a good night regardless. She had her friend, she had a pretty dress waiting for her, and there would be food AND drinks for plentiful consumption. All in all, it sounded tonight had the makings of an unforgettable memory, random scents be damned! "Tonight is going to be on hell of a night!"

I'm on the edge of glory - and I'm hanging on moment with you
I'm on the edge with you!

------

Julian, on the other hand, wished he were somewhere else.

Any other man would have been thrilled to have Sophie sitting beside him in the backseat of a car looking as gorgeous as she looked right now. She went all out for the milonga, dressed in a silk and lace tango dress that hit her in all the right places. Add to that the red silk flower in her hair in her well-pinned updo and the tie-up red dance shoes and it seemed like Sophie was destined to set more than a few a hearts on fire.

That is - every heart except his.

Even worse, Liam and his girlfriend of the moment - a perky blonde name Marnie who had the looks of a supermodel and the energy of a toddler - were being a so sickingly sweet to one another, not only did he feel like he needed to throw up, but also he felt like he needed to call the dentist first thing Monday morning.

"Oh, Liam, you look so good enough to eat!" Marnie growled playfully, walking her fingers up the length of his arm. "If you play your cards right, I just might do that."