Phase Forty-Three: Into the Wild, pt. 1 (Edited)

"Dominic, you know I love you like a brother, but man, you're need to keep those sexual overtones in check - real talk."

The older wolf snickered, his mischievous eyes emanating with impish pride.  George shook her head, picking up and putting down the fries on her plate.  For a person who was pretty much starving when she left the library, she didn't have much of an appetite now.

A peculiar heaviness pressed against her heart.  She couldn't put her finger on it, yet she sensed that something wasn't right.

Or maybe it was that steak burger she forced herself to eat.

No, something definitely wasn't right.  For all of her wolf's sensitivity, it purred in contentment, two steps away from a steak burger-induced coma.

"I prefer to call it 'amorousness', mi loba."  As Dominic's eyes smoldered with passion and animal magnetism, George shook her head.  He was pretty horny before this, but now that he's mated, he's impossible.  "Overtly sexual - 'me so horny', even - all inappropriate phrases for a man such as myself.  Besides, I'm only pointing out the obvious."

"And what might that be again?"  Now, she was troubled and tired.

"That you're still a virgin, even though you let it all hang out and that interesting mate of yours was like 'well all right then, baby, let's do it'."  George rolled her eyes before smacking her palms against her face.  Goddess, this bitch...  "I mean, I got it at first.  You know, you've been 'pure' all this long, and when you've got a little somethin'-somethin' in front of your face, it can be a little scary, you know?  You know, not every virgin wants to tear off her clothes and ride off into the sunset, if you know what I mean.  But I was always under the impression that the older virgins were the more eager ones, damn near killing somebody when the time arrives - especially when he went through all that trouble to give you such a beautiful necklace.  Nothing drops panties like jewelry."

"Don't bring my necklace into this!  And you do realize we're in public, right?"  And not a single care was given from that man.  "That's how I thought you'd answer."

"Seriously, George, how are you still a virgin?"  Dominic asked outright.  "Your wolf must be right pissed at you.  You know how it goes - hell, your own parent's mating is the stuff made of legend!"

"Don't remind me."  It really was.  For all of her mother's sweetness and wisdom, she was also quite the instigator when it came to intimacies.  Her mating hit the point home.  Her father barely spoke of his acceptance before she jumped on top of him.  He was lucky to have his pants remain in tact because everything else was ripped apart.  Poor Daddy...though he probably wasn't complaining a bit.  "It's one of the childhood stories I try not to think about so much.  I didn't like hearing about it at nine, and I sure don't like hearing about it now that I'm nearing 29."

"You always were a prude," Dominic teased.  "But you'd better start getting used to it, mi loba.  It's only a matter of time before you and that interesting mate of yours take a walk on the wild side and get down and dirty, if you know what I mean."

"We can't all be like you, Dominic, meeting, mating, and marking in the span of a one week."  George smirked.  "And with a young one who up until that point thought he was the ultimate skirt-chaser.  Damn, Dom, you've got skills."

"Don't I, though?"  He threw her a playful wink.  "But you've known that for years."

"Yeah, but I really know it now."  She tried to ignore her growing uneasiness, focusing more on the pervert in front of her.  "Look, I know that the mating is inevitable.  I know it.  But now that I've been accepted, does that mean I have to run not walk to Julian and let my you-know-who have her 'Happy Hump Day'?"