Phase Thirty-Four: A Marked She-Wolf?! pt. 1

The intense euphoria might have disbursed, but George remained high in the clouds, light-headed and woozy.  It felt warm and fuzzy all around her, like a comforting sweater in the heart of winter.  She couldn't help but smile at it all.  The feeling that enveloped her was so peculiar yet she didn't mind feeling it.  Her body was definitely in an altered stated, yet she was too intoxicated to care.

This was...wow.

This was amazing.

But...was this for real?

Wolves - wolves weren't supposed to feel this way should they ever receive a bite from their human mate.  It was supposed to be the other way around.  The exhiliration experienced when being marked was legendary, life changing for humans and wolves alike.  But it was always the wolf providing the mark - not the human.  If a human bit anyone on the neck, much less a wolf, they were guaranteed one of two reactions - a swift ass kicking or a swift removal of clothing.

It was never meant to be anything like this.

This was...it felt like...it was like this...the way to describe it was...well, honestly, she couldn't describe it at all.  And if George had to, she could only use the most basic words.

It feels very good.

Her wolf was just as high as she was.  It was completely relaxed, lying on its side, tail hanging down and out.  And while she couldn't say for sure, she could have sworn that her wolf's smile looks very human.

Face down, back up, that's the way I like to...mate?

"You bit me," she whispered once again, eyes wide in astonishment.  "You really bit me..."

"George, I'm so sorry."  Though she heard the terror in his voice, it didn't seem to matter.  She could see the confusion in his eyes as she began to smile, but that didn't register either.  "I didn't mean to hurt you!"

"You really, really bit me," she murmured with a girlish giggle.  "I guess you're not so vanilla at all."

"I don't know what came over me," he continued on, clearly horrified with himself.  Meanwhile, she fighting the urge to giggle even more - and losing.  "I just, I felt this urge, this weird urge, and I just did it.  I  don't understand why I did it or where it came from, but I know that's not an excuse to hurt you..."

"You didn't hurt me."  She gave him a luring stare, overcome with her own powerful urges.  Holy crap - was Julian always this deliciously good-looking?  Or maybe it was just that he was shirtless because right now, he was lean, muscular, and all kinds of sexy.  Goddess, he's too much...  "In fact, that felt incredibly good."

"What?"  Now, he was really puzzled.  "Are you serious?"

"Quite."  She lifted herself off the couch, her eyes never leaving his.  "And with a bite like that, I think your hopes just became a reality."

"H-Hopes?  What are you talking about - "

"Once upon a time in a cafe, I told you that there was a beast inside of me," she whispered quietly, closing the small gap between them.  "And you told me that if that were true, then you hoped that there was a beast inside of you, and that it would be enough to please mine."

Her words eased the confusion and fear off like a satin gown.  "Yes...I remember."

"And if that bite did anything, it proved that you do."  The feeling of sensual urgency had long escaped her, but the desire to be near her mate, to be close him remained, stalwart and unmovable.  "If anything that makes me very happy."