67

You're now sitting at your desk, starting your workday as you sign into your computer and start sorting through papers.

This morning was a pleasant one. The birds were outside chirping, the sunrise was a beautiful orange hue, and you woke up to the savory smell of bacon combined with the sweet scent of vanilla-flavored pancake batter.

You fell asleep with a warm feeling in the pit of your stomach. The feeling of being wrapped up in a nice, fluffy blanket with Jimin's warm chest underneath your head made you not want to leave that bed. You two were watching a movie together before you fell asleep while Jimin played with your hair.

As you bite onto your lower lip, thinking about the events of this morning, unaware of the presence trying to get your attention.

Jungkook is standing in front of you, dressed in a black dress shirt and a pair of black slacks. His hair is slicked to the side, revealing his forehead as he furrows his eyebrows while examining your face. The expression of euphoria on your face causes him to tilt his head to the side as he stares over at you.

Seeing as you're still not acknowledging him, he tucks his lower lip under his teeth as he moves his hand. His hand is now directly in front of your face and he snaps his fingers to get your attention.

You quickly blink and shake your head before your eyes trail up his muscular arms. This causes you to make eye contact with Jungkook for the first time since you walked into the office.

"Oh... hey, Jungkook." You state before going back to stacking your papers and organizing your desk. Jungkook merely stares at you, eyes sparkling for a moment before he smiles widely. He laughs softly.

"Good morning." He tells you, causing you to acknowledge him once more.

"Good morning, Jungkook." You state before glancing over to the area where Jimin is standing. He's talking to Sowon and makes eye contact with you. Glancing over at Sowon once again, he reaches a hand up to gesture to where you and Jungkook are standing. This causes you to nod to yourself before you turn your attention to Jungkook once more. He's staring over at you with his doe-like eyes. It causes you to grin at him before you take a deep breath. "So, do you know who you're going to take to the party coming up?"

"Party?" he tilts his head to the side as he raises his eyebrows. His lips are slightly parted with a lost expression on his face. "What party?"

"There's a holiday party coming up for work." You state before smiling as you look over his shoulder and see Jimin and Sowon making their way towards you two.

"Oh..." he trails off before scratching the back of his neck. He nervously eyes you, causing your grin to drop a little.

You can't take me.

"I haven't really heard much about that party, if I'm being honest." He states before shrugging. "Would you-"

"Hey guys." Jimin states with a wide smile on his face. This causes Jungkook's eyes to widen a little as he grows nervous having Jimin talking to him. His expression resembles a bunny rabbit being approached by a predator as it plans to attack the helpless bunny. Jungkook glances at Jimin and gives him an innocent look, almost as if he's saying 'hyung, I'm not hitting on Y/N, I swear.'

"Hi, Y/N." Sowon states while awkwardly looking down at her heels. She's probably still embarrassed by the last interaction you had with her. This causes you to smile widely at her.

"What were you guys talking about?" Jimin asks while looking at you as he pretends to be clueless. He winks at you while the other two awkwardly avoid eye contact with you and Jimin. Sowon's avoiding eye contact with you because she's afraid of you making her look bad again. Jungkook's avoiding eye contact with Jimin because of the fact that you're his ex-girlfriend and he has a crush on you.