39

At work, you sat down at your desk, letting out a soft sigh while you scanned a spreadsheet, biting onto your lower lip. You furrow your eyebrows while making sure the numbers were accurate.

"Good morning, everyone!" Jungkook came into the office with a wide smile on his face. One of your coworkers started to snicker as they watched Jungkook pass by.

"Good morning, Jungkook," he says menacingly to Jungkook. Jungkook slowly turned around, waving at him. The guy stands up and walks over to Jungkook. "So, Kookie,"

"It's Jungkook." Jungkook states, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah, whatever," he says before placing a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "So, why are you in such a good mood this morning?" the man asks.

You assess the situation, your eyes narrowing as you do so.

"Just had a really good weekend." Jungkook mumbles, trying to cower to his desk. The man's smirk widens as he continues to harass Jungkook.

"What? Did you get laid or something? Did Y/N finally give you her precious flower?" he teases, nudging Jungkook. Jungkook opens his mouth to object to his statement. However, overcome by rage, you end up interrupting him.

"Excuse me? What your coworkers do in their own time isn't your business."

"Oh? Y/N has finally broken out of her shell." You scowl and immediately stand up from your desk, walking towards the situation. "So, you admit you slept with him?"

"It's none of your business if I did." You state, narrowing your eyes at the asshole standing in front of you.

Jungkook had already fled the scene, wandering off to his desk. You glance over at him and see him on the phone. His eyes meet yours and he points to the phone, mouthing out the words 'Mr. Jung.' A sneaky smile forms on your lips as you look back at the asshole. He started to open his mouth more and you gesture for Jungkook to put the phone on speaker.

"What? Jungkook is such a wimp. He doesn't even know how to run this damn office while Mr. Jung is out of the office. He's a pussy, a kiss-up. He can't even ask you out properly. This dumbass," he starts while pointing at Jungkook. "left a note on your car a few weeks ago and couldn't even admit that it was him."

You widen your eyes before looking over at Jungkook, watching as he immediately looked down, putting the phone off of speaker and putting it back to his ear.

"Sam, Mr. Jung just fired you." Jungkook states, putting one hand on his hip as he leans on the desk with his other. He's holding the phone between his ear and shoulder while glaring at Sam.

That's how you know he's a shitty worker, I didn't even know that guy's name.

You lift your eyebrows and look at Sam, giving him a dirty look. You watch as Jungkook calls the lady at the front desk, having her escort him out of the company, taking his badges and passwords on their way out.

You watch Jungkook bite onto the nail of his thumb, pacing back and forth before he walked out of the main office, making his way to the break room. You let out a soft sigh before deciding to follow after him to talk to him about the problem.

Upon arriving in the break room, you see Jungkook sitting at the table, slumped over the table with his hands covering his face. You hear the sound of him breathing shakily, causing you to step closer.

"Um... Jungkook?" He slowly looks up and you notice the tears in his eyes, threatening to come out. He immediately looks back down, shaking his head as he speaks.