58

Shivering, you cover yourself with your jacket. Rather than dressing up for your night out at the club, you decided it'd be in your best interest to wear a nice blouse with some jeans and a plain hoodie on top.

You're locking your front door as you make your way down the path leading to Joy's car. She's inside, applying some red lipstick as you make your way towards her.

"Hey Y/N." You turn your head towards Jimin's house and see him standing there, wearing some black slacks, a white button up and a pair of loafers. Staring at him, you press your lips together, unsure of what to do.

"Hi." You state before looking over at Joy's car. She's no longer applying lipstick and is now signaling for you to talk to Jimin. Turning back to Jimin, he's staring over at you before he gestures to your outfit.

"You look cute." He states, causing you to adjust your jacket as you awkwardly shift.

"Thanks," you state before you stuff your hands into the pockets of the jacket. "You haven't been at the office lately." Jimin nods his head before scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I didn't want to make things more uncomfortable for you, so I decided to go back to just showing clients homes and making sales." He shrugs before licking his lips. Hearing the engine of Joy's car, he looks towards her car before pointing. "I was hoping you'd be free to talk right now, but it looks like you have somewhere to be..." Licking your lips, you shake your head.

"Uh... no, Joy and I are actually early for our plans, I have some time." You state, causing Jimin's ears to perk up as his eyes grow hopeful. He walks towards you and immediately stands in front of you.

"I'm glad," he states before licking his lips as he looks down at your shoes, shifting in his stance for a moment. "So, you know it's been three weeks since we broke up..." he drifts off. You slowly nod your head and he continues speaking again. "And I was just..." he grows quiet for a moment.

"Just...?" you question while looking over at him. He lets out a deep sigh before his eyes meet yours again and he stares down at you.

"I miss you." He states while his eyes begin examining your face. "I've been getting better. I started dancing again, I've been eating better, I've been hanging out with Tae, Jin, and Yoongi more... but I still miss you and it's been killing me not being able to talk to you."

"I miss you too," a smile starts forming on Jimin's face as he hears your words. "I'm glad you've been doing well."

"What about you, how have you been, baby?" You flinch a little at the nickname, even though your heart still races from hearing it. "Oh... sorry... old habits die hard." He states before coughing to cover up the, once again, awkward atmosphere.

"I've been... not as good as you." You state before shrugging your shoulders. "I haven't left the house except for work lately." Jimin's shoulders drop as he hears the honesty in your voice. He gulps, stepping a little closer to you.

"I'm sorry that I was rushing you into so much so quickly..." his head droops a bit as he looks down at your shoes, letting out another sigh.

"Jimin, don't apologize to me, please." You plead. "We broke up because we're both broken."

"Y/N, you're not broken," he furrows his eyebrows, resting one hand on your shoulder. "You've just been through a lot and it's gonna take you a while to get used to being in a relationship again. That's not your fault." You stare up at him and press your lips together for a moment before nodding slowly.