"It's painful if we cuddle at night." ~ Boomubbles [Part 5 Final]

Author POV:

Boomer has finally understood what it means to let go.

Boomer stood in the balcony with a beer bottle, taking sip after sip. Bubbles and Brick were out on a date, apparently it was Bubbles idea to go out on a date.

"She...must really...love him." Boomer mumbled out, he squinted his eyes on how selfish he is. He should be happy for his older brother to have such a loving girlfriend, but instead he's jealous and doesn't want her to date him.

"I should go to bed." Boomer told himself and began to clean on the bottles on the ground. He was tired and a bit sober. After throwing away all the bottle in the trash can, Boomer begins to walk to his room.

Boomer groans at the headache he's beginning to get, and walks into his room to grab the water bottle placed on his night stand. He drinks all the water and goes to the bathroom to do his business and brush his teeth's.

He leaves his private bathroom with pajama pants and shirtless. He ruffles his hair and puts on his glasses to read a book that Blossom had suggested, and Boomer seemed interested on it by the genre. Boomer almost drops the book when he hears a small voice.

"Boomer?" Bubbles whispers, holding a plush animal octopus and a baby blue blanket. "Can I sleep with you today?" Bubbles asks politely.

'Ah, Brick must be doing night shift with Blossom again.' Boomer thought, and he was about to say 'yes', but then he remembered earlier.

"No, I'm sorry Bubbles but I want to sleep alone tonight." He tells her, a serious look on his face and his heart hurts when Bubbles lips turn to a frown with her eyes looking close to crying.

"W-Why?" She asks, "I just think it's best since your dating my brother." Boomer places the book down on the nightstand as he continues to stare at Bubbles from across his bed.

Bubbles doesn't listen, and instead gets inside the bed, covering her body with Boomer's blankets. "Bubbles," Boomer says, Bubbles ignores him by turning her back towards him. "Bubbles." He repeats, but nothing.

Boomer sighs and turns off his lamp, forgetting all about the book. He gets inside the bed and turns his back towards her as well.

"Brick and I broke up." Bubbles whispers and Boomer's body stiffest, "Do you want to know why?" Bubbles asks, turning around and Boomer turns around as well. 

"Sure." Boomer response, and it takes for two minutes for Bubbles to finally speak up again. "I broke up with him." Boomer gulped.

"I realized no matter how much I tried to love him, I just couldn't and there's another reason why I broke up with him." Bubbles whispers, she felt small compared to Boomer's body. "What is it?" Boomer asked.

"I like you, I don't know how or when my feelings for you started, but...It's just...every time you hold me gently or whisper sweet things to me so I won't cry makes...my heart go crazy. I thought telling everybody that I had a crush on somebody would... make you realize my feelings, but you just looked away and didn't bother to glance at me. It hurt....so I thought, if I dated Brick I would lose feelings for you....yet they never went away because I always ran after you to cuddle." Bubbles kept rambling, her face heating up red.

"I like you, Boomer" Bubbles finally said.

It was quiet, really quiet and Bubbles quickly began to regret confessing her feelings to Boomer.

"I-I'm sorry, I should go? Yeah I should go." Bubbles sat up and from her eyes blurry with tears, she had trouble taking the covers off her body to the point she gave up and sat there in silence.

She felt lucky that it was pitch black in Boomer's room or else he would see Bubbles tears streaming down her rosey red cheeks.

Boomer sat up and wrapped his arms around Bubbles small waist, pulling her to his chest. "Don't go. I thought that...It's painful if we cuddle at night...But, now knowing why you did it. I'm happy and relief, so please....don't go."

"Don't leave me, Bubbles." Boomer begged, burying his face to Bubble's neck and taking in her vanilla scent.

"I won't."

The End

___________________________

Two more to go and this book is finished.