Weirdo ~Butchercup

Author POV:

"NO FAIR! You cheated!" A raven haired boy yelled out to a girl who was laughing her ass off.

"How? I just grabbed your hand and slammed it against the bleachers..easy" she said as she shrugged her shoulders. Butch kept staring at her as she grabbed her bottle water and took a drink of it.

"What? Why you staring at me like that?"

"I don't know..your just so damn beautiful" he said. His lips turning into a soft smile and his cheeks turning into a light pink tint of blush.

"H-huh? What the..stop playing around you idiot!" Buttercup said punching him in his arm.

Buttercup and Butch have been Bestfriends since 5 grade and now they were in high school as seniors. Buttercup always saw and thought of Butch as his Bestfriend, not a boyfriend or lover. But Butch's mind was different..

He fell deeply in love with her. All he could ever think of was her.

He started to realize that was the reason his heart would always beat fast when she was around him because he had feelings for her.

Sure Butch started having Girlfriends later on, but they were all just to make Buttercup jealous. It never worked though. He didn't know what to do.. he was losing hope on how to win her heart, but knowing Buttercup she wasn't into those lovey dovey stuff.

She was different which was what made him love her.

Butch and Buttercup sat down on the Bleachers and looked up at the stars since they were outside in the fields. "Hey Buttercup.."

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever thought of dating?"

Buttercup chuckled. "What a sudden question, but not really why?"

"It's just.. I never saw you date anybody"

Buttercup didn't know how to respond, she nether knew why she never dated maybe it was because she didn't know all those things couples do or maybe because nobody was interesting to her. Nobody caught her eyes.

"To be honest with you Butch. I don't think I want to date"

"Why? I mean, why don't you want be with somebody?"

"There's nobody out there that catches my eyes..but." Buttercup started laughing out of a sudden.

"I remember I did have a crush on somebody. I had a crush on the leader of gang green gang, I was so young though."

Butches eyes darken and he was pissed off. "Do you still like him?" Buttercup turn to look at him.

"No. Not anymore"

"Hm..Buttercup"

"What do you see me as?" Butch asked hoping she'll say something else then just Bestfriends.

"You always ask me that question. But I see you as my Bestfriend. A guy who I could trust on anything and a guy I can always count on"

Butch frowned and look away 'Should I tell her now? We're already grown up. It's perfect chance to tell her without any interruption too' He thought.

He breath in and out and turn his face to look at her. "Buttercup.. Have you ever seen me as a boyfriend to you?"

"Not really. Why? Your asking some weird questions Butch"

"Because..b-because I just.."

"Uh Huh?"

"I think I like you .. or maybe more then like"

Buttercups eyes widen and was taken back by his sudden words. She didn't know how to respond, she felt confused and shocked.

"Butch..uh..what are you saying?"

"Buttercup, Do you want to go on a date with me?" He asked hoping maybe she'll say yes. Buttercup gulped and a pink blush appeared across her cheeks.

"Jeeze Butch..You can be such a weirdo sometimes" she said with a soft smile looking up at the stars. Butch was frozen. He wanted to ask why.

"Asking me out? Out of a sudden like that. And why would you want to go out with a girl like me? All the girls you dated were so.. different then me."

Butch was about to answer her question and tell her why he always dated many girls.

"But Butch..I don't know how to respond to your question. I don't know my emotions well and I don't know none of those lovey dovey stuff couples do..I'll probably look like an idiot"

"No you won't! Dating me is no different from being Bestfriends. Dating just shows that your taken meaning nobody else can have you and letting everybody know you belong to me."

Buttercup stayed silent still looking up at the sky. "Yeah, but even if I look like a fool. I want to be love and treated like I'm something special and call me Babe or ya know? Stuff like that, but simple"

"I can do that! I can do all those things!"

"Butch I.."

"Please Buttercup. Believe me I can! I can prove it to you, just one date. Please."

"Why do you even-.."

"Because I like you. I really like you, I have deep feelings for you Buttercup."

"Hm..Your not playing some stupid joke on me right? Because I'm not in for jokes now also I don't want to ruined our friendship" She said turning to look at him.

"No. I'm serious Buttercup. I just want to be yours"

Buttercup chuckled and looked away. Hearing him say all those things made her laugh because it wasn't him. She never seen a Serious Butch. He's always goofy or a pervert.

"Okay..I'll go on a date with you"

"Really?!"

"Yeah, Why not? It'll probably be fun also free food right? I may not know much about dates , but I'm willing to try it out."

Butch smiled and wanted to hug her so bad, but stopped because he knew she wasn't finished talking .

"..Also because I want know how it feels like to be fallen in love with your Bestfriend." Buttercup turn to face him.

"Maybe I also want to be more then just Bestfriend"