Difficult~Blossick

Author POV:

They both lay on the bed. Silence filling in the room before Brick spoke up.

"Will you go to prom with me?" he asked with pleading eyes.

Blossom doesn't dare to look at him. "No thanks." she responds, still looking up at the ceiling.

"Why not? You love me, Blossom." Brick says, his voice almost in a whispered. It was quiet for 5 seconds before Blossom open up her mouth to speak.

"I know." Blossom nods her head. "But.." Blossom had on a bored/ lazy look on her face. "That doesn't mean I want to go to prom with you. Princess already asked you out and Dexter asked me. All you have to do is say yes to her and we'll go on a double date or something. Then, if you're really upset, you can hold my hand under the table."

Brick glares up at the ceiling. "If we hold hands, that means we like each other. Ditch that nerd and go to prom with me." You could almost hear the begging in his voice.

"No. I like Dexter. You're hands is warm and..That's..Well, it's nice sometimes." Blossom says, tugging on her warm light pink sweater sleeves. She seems to be having a battle within herself, trying to help her win for the right side.

"No, Blossom, you like me. We're done more than hold hands.." Blossom smiles warmly at him. She sighed. "I know, Brick, lay off. Those things are nice too."

Blossom smiles to herself, her face showing she was coming up with a plan immediately. "Are you sure I don't turn you on?" She flips on her side, facing him, as she run a hand up his body and stopped it at his chest. His heart beat quickens and he hopes.. for once..

He could accomplish something, no matter how minuscule.

"No. You don't." He places a hand over hers tugging hard. "Please, Stop."

In less than a second, Brick is on top of her, her hands pinned to her sides. "Why do you always have to do this to me?" he asked in a whispered, looking at her plump pink lips. Blossom smirks.

Brick lean down to get lost into those beautiful bright pink eyes., their noses touch every time she takes a breath. He hesitates for a moment, but then closes his eyes, leaning down slowly to meet her lips with his own. He smiles into the kiss, knowing she felt the same for him.

Blossom tug on his bottom lip with her teeth, silently begging for this to be taken further. He opened his mouth and their tongues tangle in a battle of dominance that Brick won. But Blossom pushes him away hard as she cans.

Or maybe she doesn't feel the same..

Brick finally gives in, leaning back on her thighs, "Please get off me, Brick. I have to meet Dexter so we can work on our project for school."

Brick gives her an unimpressed look. He moves off on to the bed completely, and she stands up, adjusting her skirt and grabbing her purse. "After you just made out with me? Seriously, Blossom, just give it the fuck up!"

"No, Brick, No. I will not 'give it the fuck up'. I like Dexter and that's final. When will you see that I'm serious about him?" She says, aggressively shoving her arms into her sleeves of her pretty winter coat.

"When will you see that the wetness in your panties tells me something different?!" Brick yells, sitting up in his bed. She gives him a look, rolling her eyes and walking out of the room. She slams the door to his bedroom, and soon, the front door.

He couldn't believe he was going to a prom, a long prom night without her in his arms and instead see her in another guy's arms.

-

Brick is sitting next to Princess and Blossom is sitting next to Dexter. They're across from each other and their feet are touching, but it feels like he is a miles away from her now. They haven't talked about that day, and He doesn't expect them too, even though he is dying to know what's on her mind.

She told him that Dexter asked her to be his girlfriend and she said yes. It was a few days before prom and he is still fuming. She asked him what he thought, and he thought I'd be okay with it.

But now, him looking at the two-laughing, holding hands, kissing with love in their eyes. He feels like throwing up.

What does Dexter have that Brick doesn't have? Compassion, maybe. Brick wants to know badly 'Why don't you love me?' and perhaps, he can change everything just for her.

But he'll never know because nothing will ever change. He'll always be the second choice, even with Princess.

Yes, he is the school's bad boy and heart throb but he's also a used to be villain, a criminal. He can't change his past but he can change his future..But only for her.

Maybe he'll never be good enough for her? But he knows he never has been.

He looks down at his feet, clad in black converse that sneakily blend in with his dress pants. A black high heels prompts his own, and he knows it's hers. But yet he's scared to look up because maybe they'll know about them if he does. Her small foot wraps around his and they look so perfect together, like they'd be. He finally looks up to meet her eyes, quickly and while Dexter and Princess are surprisingly talking and absorbed in their food.

She smiles at him; her eyes sparkle and her dimples showing with her beautiful freckles she has. He has fallen in love with her all over again.

Your smile grows and you tilt your head to the left as if to say "I love you too."

-

Brick stands up from his seat and walks away from the table. Princess understanding if maybe he needs to go to the bathroom or get a drink.

He walks off, not knowing exactly where, but for now away from that table, away from her eyes, away from her smile, away from her lips and away from the love of his life.

He walks into the balcony and stands there for probably more then 15 minutes. Lost in his own thoughts. Soon he heard a voice, not the voice he wanted to hear, but somebody.. who at least cared.

"Hey. How come your out here. Are you okay?"

"Berserk?"

Maybe this is how it's suppose to end? Maybe You and her weren't meant to be? Probably is why she pushed you away and is ignoring your love. Fairy tales, don't always happen, but why did you think it'll maybe be different? Maybe this is it? This is your new path? To forget her? To forget how much she makes you go crazy. To forget her words.. To forgot her 'I love you's' because maybe..

Just maybe

They were never actually real.