"It's painful if we cuddle at night"~ Boomubbles [Part 1]

There will probably be four or five parts of this one-shot.

This is kinda similar to the one-shot on the lemon balcony~ Boomubbles except it's not a lemon and it's not in the balcony. But the balcony lemon one has nothing to relate or be connected to this one-shot.

But anyways hope you enjoy.

___________________________________-

It was hard..

Every night it was the same and every night Boomer question why did it had to be him who has to go through pain and suffer from something he knows he'll never have.

"Boomie?"

"Mm?" A sleepy voice responded.

"I-I have a nightmare, could I sleep with you?" Bubbles asked.

Yup..The same thing. Sometimes Boomer didn't know if Bubbles was actually having nightmares every night or she just wants to stay in the room because it was warmer than any other room in the penthouse the Powerpuff girls and Rowdyruff boys shared together.

"Bubbles." Boomer groans, turning over in his messy bed to give Bubbles a I-Just-Woke-Up half-impressed look. and a Are-you-sure-you-want-to-sleep-with-me-tonight? look.

"Just for tonight! I won't even touch you, I swear." Bubbles said, tightening her soft white pillow against her chest that she brought with her from her room. She always says that, but she always comes back the next day to his room.

"Okay, fine." Boomer throws the covers up, shivering a bit from the cold, strange.

Bubbles smiles brightly and thankfully, jumping into Boomer's twin bed, "Your sure Brick won't care?"

Oh, did I forget to say Bubbles and Brick have been dating for two months now? Well Surprisingly they are. Weird, when Brick would always flirt with Blossom but then suddenly he starts to date Bubbles out of a sudden.

"Why would he care? You're in my bed, not his. Besides he's not here. Just go to sleep." Boomer said, trying to close his eyes.

"But we're-"

"Go to sleep, Bubbles." Boomer said, cutting off Bubbles sentence and frowning to himself. Boomer doesn't like the fact Bubbles is dating one of their teammates especially when it's his older leader brother. It's not fair when Boomer has been liking Bubbles for years since they were 5 years old.

Since the beginning of their friendship Bubbles  always been clingy and Boomer didn't mind because he liked the attention and care but ever since Bubbles began to date Brick, Boomer has been pushing Bubbles away from him and has become to be distance for the best of Bubbles and Brick's relationship.

Brick not really caring if Bubbles and Boomer are close because over the years Brick always knew how good of a friend Bubbles and Boomer are with each other so it didn't bother Brick.

Boomer had always found it hard for him to express his feelings since his older brothers would always tell him when they were little "Feelings are for sissy's and losers" so Boomer grew up with that kind of thought until Bubbles told him it's alright to tell a person about their feelings because not everybody is going to laugh.

So Boomer thought it wouldn't be so hard to tell Bubbles about his growing feelings towards her but when Boomer gather all his courage to tell Bubbles how he felt, Bubbles had already moved on. To Boomer's older brother. The betrayal was harsh. To be fair, though, the tension between Brick and Bubbles wasn't well hidden either, so it wasn't like Boomer had a reason to be upset or even shocked.

Ever since, things haven't been quite the same between the depressed boy and cheerful bubbly girl.

Still, it made Boomer's chest swell whenever Bubbles came to his room to cuddle, or even just to be brought comfort from a particularly heavy storm or looming nightmare.

Especially because Bubbles had been coming to Boomer's room more often than not, and the other superheroes had been noticing

It hurt him...But what could he do? Would he tell her to leave his room and not come back anymore? Hurt her? or should he stay quiet and let his heartbreak slowly with every sentence that would come at of her lips, about her boyfriend?

thats right...

He's going to stay quiet..

and let his heartbreak slowly.