"It's painful if we cuddle at night"~ Boomubbles [Part 3]

A Butchercup lemon will be publish tomorrow.
__________________________

Author POV:

Boomer lets a tear fall at the memory of just weeks ago, turning away from Bubbles so that even a slimmer of the moonlight coming through the half-closed curtains on his lone window can't display his hidden emotions to his friend.

"I miss him," Bubbles whispered, still laying on her back. She traces patterns on her sleeve where Brick holds her.

Brick was a..uh, nice guy. They both didn't have much in common but would still be in each other arms. Bubbles noticed Brick was so much like Blossom; Bossy, serious, strict, and bipolar. Lately both have become separating from each other, Bubbles didn't mind much since she had Boomer by her side but having a boyfriend that would show all his love towards her...

She misses that.

Bubbles is always longing for her boyfriend's loving touch again since that first moment, but it hurts when Brick turns her down in the middle of the night after a bad storm and she has to go to Boomer, her first love. Bubbles does like when Boomer holds her, and she wishes it were the same, but it's not. Maybe that's just the way it'll have to be.

Bubbles thought that maybe if she said she had feelings for one of her teammates, Boomer would get the hint and they would end up being together, but Boomer didn't do anything. He just stared at Bubbles as she was getting asked out by his older brother. It hurt her when she saw him walk away, not stopping anything.

He didn't care.

That's what Bubbles thought.

"He'll be back soon. You know Brick and Blossom had to go see the government." Boomer says, trying to not let his voice break. He grips the covers in his fisted hands, unconsciously pulling the comforter off of Bubble's cold body.

"Hey! You're taking the sheets!" Bubbles moves closer. "At least if you're going to leave me cold, we have to cuddle." Bubbles pouts, she lightly touches Boomer's arm and Boomer jumps at Bubbles touch. Boomer turns around to face Bubbles, wondering why she's being so clingy now of all times.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Bubbles. You have a boyfriend, my brother would get mad." Boomer's hands shake, and he clenches them under the covers so that Bubbles can't see them.

"Come on, please? Brick isn't here and I'm lonely..." Bubbles whines, cutely pushing out her bottom lips. Boomer prays that Bubbles doesn't notice his eyes go straight to those beautiful, beautiful pink lips of Bubbles. "Plus, cuddling is for friends too. Not just relationships." Boomer frowns at the mention of 'cuddling is for friends too'.

"We're friends. Right, Boomer?" She asks.

"Yeah, we're friends." Boomer looks straight into Bubbles gorgeous baby blue eyes, which are perfect even in the low lighting.

Both blondes frown in the dark.

'Friends..yeah'